The Comeback Inn
Q&A with Jeffery Quinn - Printable Version

+- The Comeback Inn (https://blackmoor.mystara.us/forums)
+-- Forum: The Garnet Room - Blackmoor General Forum (https://blackmoor.mystara.us/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Blackmoor Discussions (https://blackmoor.mystara.us/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Q&A with Jeffery Quinn (/showthread.php?tid=264)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Re: Q&A with Jeffery Quinn - JPQuinn - 01-13-2012

Rafael Wrote:March 4, site relaunch, or March 4, release of the game?

You shall see :wink:

Re: Q&A with Jeffery Quinn - Havard - 01-30-2012

Eagerly awaiting March 4! Smile

-Havard

Re: Q&A with Jeffery Quinn - Option - 02-15-2012

Le Noir Faineant Wrote:March 4, site relaunch, or March 4, release of the game?

Yes, I am wondering this also but I guess we'll find out in 18 days. So close yet so far...

Re: Q&A with Jeffery Quinn - Option - 02-15-2012

I just noticed that the Doleman Creative website has been revamped and is now up with more than the March 4th teaser page. I like the new design.

http://dolmen-studios.com/

Re: Q&A with Jeffery Quinn - Havard - 02-16-2012

I am really looking forward to seeing what Jeff is up to there Smile

-Havard

Re: Q&A with Jeffery Quinn - Havard - 09-05-2013

Happy birthday Jeff Smile

-Havard

Re: Q&A with Jeffery Quinn - JPQuinn - 12-06-2013

Late response here. Thank you, Havard!

Re: Q&A with Jeffery Quinn - Havard - 03-31-2014

Hi Jeff,
what are your thoughts on the distinction between the Wild and the more civilized Westryn as discussed in this thread? Do the more savage Westryn of the Wild Woods and Wolf Wood deserve a separate race entry?

-Havard

Re: Q&A with Jeffery Quinn - JPQuinn - 06-19-2014

Havard Wrote:Hi Jeff,
what are your thoughts on the distinction between the Wild and the more civilized Westryn as discussed in this thread? Do the more savage Westryn of the Wild Woods and Wolf Wood deserve a separate race entry?

-Havard

Perceptive. However, no. Those Westryn found in the the Wild Realm and Wolfwood are no more savage and wild than those found anywhere else. However, because of their closer contact to other races, they appear more savage and have adopted a more aggressive defensive posture to protect their lands from unclean invaders (aka-anyone not Westryn).

Remember: before Hadeen's Fall (aka - the crash of the Beagle), before the Duchies, and even before the Egg of Coot, the Hartforest was a primal forested empire. Westryn verbal traditions still tell of a time when mighty elven druids sowed and nurtured great forest guardians to keep their lands safe from the incursions of the human realms to the south, when the Hartforest encompassed everything from the Wolfwood to the Unicorn Woods in a massive carpet of green.

Re: Q&A with Jeffery Quinn - Havard - 06-30-2014

JPQuinn Wrote:Perceptive. However, no. Those Westryn found in the the Wild Realm and Wolfwood are no more savage and wild than those found anywhere else. However, because of their closer contact to other races, they appear more savage and have adopted a more aggressive defensive posture to protect their lands from unclean invaders (aka-anyone not Westryn).

Remember: before Hadeen's Fall (aka - the crash of the Beagle), before the Duchies, and even before the Egg of Coot, the Hartforest was a primal forested empire. Westryn verbal traditions still tell of a time when mighty elven druids sowed and nurtured great forest guardians to keep their lands safe from the incursions of the human realms to the south, when the Hartforest encompassed everything from the Wolfwood to the Unicorn Woods in a massive carpet of green.

Thanks for taking time to comment on this Jeff! I guess you are right about this having more to do with their agressive postures than actually descent into savagery.

Your mention of the woods before Hadeen's Fall are very interesting! I like the concept of the ancient Hartforest (Or should that be Heartforest?). I have been trying to visualize what the world looked like before the Mage Wars so this is very helpful!

Anything more you want to share on these ancient woodlands? Smile

-Havard