The Comeback Inn
The Hello Thread! - Printable Version

+- The Comeback Inn (https://blackmoor.mystara.us/forums)
+-- Forum: The Garnet Room - Blackmoor General Forum (https://blackmoor.mystara.us/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: Zvenzen's Freehold - General Chat (https://blackmoor.mystara.us/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: The Hello Thread! (/showthread.php?tid=223)

RE: The Hello Thread! - Havard - 07-28-2024

(07-27-2024, 02:56 AM)JemPoplar Wrote: Hello! I started playing D&D using 5e and found this place as I was looking into how the hobby started. The events that happened in Blackmoor along with the characters are just so interesting. This forum has been a treasure trove of information in addition to blogs like Havard's and Aldarron's.

Hello JemPoplar! Welcome to the Comeback Inn! Thank you for the kind words, I am glad you are enoying our work!

Can you share something about your own D&D games? I would love to hear about it!

Quote:Really excited for the coming weeks with the slew of books being released (Blackmoor Foundations, Age of the Wolf, Making of OD&D, Playing at the World 2e) and hoping to use them as inspiration in building my own world. Currently looking for a PBP group set in Blackmoor so I can experience it myself before running my own.

You are very much up to date I hear! Most of the PbP games here are currently on hiatus, but who knows if someone can be persuaded to run something? Smile I wish you luck in your hunt!

-Havard

RE: The Hello Thread! - JemPoplar - 07-29-2024

(07-28-2024, 02:33 PM)Havard Wrote: Can you share something about your own D&D games? I would love to hear about it!

One fond memory I have is my group was faced with a problem that required us to make a quick decision. Instead, we argued among ourselves for half an hour in real life. By the time we made a decision, half of the population was destroyed as punishment for taking too long. Whoops!

Quote:You are very much up to date I hear! Most of the PbP games here are currently on hiatus, but who knows if someone can be persuaded to run something? Smile I wish you luck in your hunt!

Thanks! It's a shame I didn't find out about Blackmoor earlier. I reckon things were more active back when the MMRPG was being released.

RE: The Hello Thread! - CawmeKrazee - 07-31-2024

Hello there, my name is Cawme! Im new here and a bit new to dnd been DMing for two years but its always been homebrew. But recently i decided to start a campaign in official settings and since i didnt know much about DND lore i decided to go back to the beginning. 

Which is Blackmoor. I recently started a campaign there using generic adventures to get it started while i researched and hunted down official Blackmoor stuff. 

Which led me here. 

Im hoping to share my table's adventures and hopefully find some of the stuff i couldnt find like the MMRPG and a Night in Maus by Harley Stroh. 

Im excited to be here

RE: The Hello Thread! - RobJN - 07-31-2024

(07-31-2024, 08:58 AM)CawmeKrazee Wrote: Hello there, my name is Cawme! Im new here and a bit new to dnd been DMing for two years but its always been homebrew. But recently i decided to start a campaign in official settings and since i didnt know much about DND lore i decided to go back to the beginning. 

Which is Blackmoor. I recently started a campaign there using generic adventures to get it started while i researched and hunted down official Blackmoor stuff. 

Which led me here. 

Im hoping to share my table's adventures and hopefully find some of the stuff i couldnt find like the MMRPG and a Night in Maus by Harley Stroh. 

Im excited to be here

Happy to have you, Cawme! We've somewhat recently switched the boards' software, so if you come across a link that goes nowhere, please hit up the "Report" function (select the "Technical" option), and Havard or I will get it sorted as quickly as we can.

(07-31-2024, 01:29 PM)RobJN Wrote:
(07-31-2024, 08:58 AM)CawmeKrazee Wrote: Hello there, my name is Cawme! Im new here and a bit new to dnd been DMing for two years but its always been homebrew. But recently i decided to start a campaign in official settings and since i didnt know much about DND lore i decided to go back to the beginning. 

Which led me here. 

Im excited to be here

Happy to have you, Cawme! We've somewhat recently switched the boards' software, so if you come across a link that goes nowhere, please hit up the "Report" function (select the "Technical" option), and Havard or I will get it sorted as quickly as we can.

Will do! I did try checking out the mmrpg link earlier and it just gave me a white page. 

I'll check it again! Then report if there are still issues!

(07-31-2024, 01:29 PM)RobJN Wrote: Happy to have you, Cawme! We've somewhat recently switched the boards' software, so if you come across a link that goes nowhere, please hit up the "Report" function (select the "Technical" option), and Havard or I will get it sorted as quickly as we can.

Yup I check a few links and reported them. 
I did also try following this page here
https://blackmoor.mystara.us/mmrpg.html 

to get to the downloads for the MMRPG and it said I do not have access to the thread for a handful of reasons. Hope this is a good heads up.

RE: The Hello Thread! - RobJN - 07-31-2024

(07-31-2024, 03:32 PM)CawmeKrazee Wrote:
(07-31-2024, 01:29 PM)RobJN Wrote:

Which led me here. 

Im excited to be here

Will do! I did try checking out the mmrpg link earlier and it just gave me a white page. 

I'll check it again! Then report if there are still issues!

(07-31-2024, 01:29 PM)RobJN Wrote: Happy to have you, Cawme! We've somewhat recently switched the boards' software, so if you come across a link that goes nowhere, please hit up the "Report" function (select the "Technical" option), and Havard or I will get it sorted as quickly as we can.

Yup I check a few links and reported them. 
I did also try following this page here
https://blackmoor.mystara.us/mmrpg.html 

to get to the downloads for the MMRPG and it said I do not have access to the thread for a handful of reasons. Hope this is a good heads up.

Thank you for pointing me at those links-gone-astray. I think I've got them patched back to where they're supposed to go.

I've gone ahead and added you to The Bailiff group, so you should be able to access the MMRPG files.

(07-31-2024, 04:05 PM)RobJN Wrote: Thank you for pointing me at those links-gone-astray. I think I've got them patched back to where they're supposed to go.

I've gone ahead and added you to The Bailiff group, so you should be able to access the MMRPG files.

Thank you so much! I'm so excited to be able to use all the files for my campaign. This is amazing!

RE: The Hello Thread! - Havard - 08-02-2024

Welcome CawmeKrazee! Smile

-Havard

RE: The Hello Thread! - EvilMynex - 08-18-2024

Old account Mynex is not working anymore, so new account now. Hi.

W. Robert Reed III
Mynex / Evil Mynex
Code Monkey Publishing

RE: The Hello Thread! - RobJN - 08-18-2024

(08-18-2024, 07:20 AM)EvilMynex Wrote: Old account Mynex is not working anymore, so new account now.  Hi.

W. Robert Reed III
Mynex / Evil Mynex
Code Monkey Publishing

I have taken the liberty of merging your older account with this new one, so (If I did it right!) you should have full access to your old posts, private messages, friends lists, etc. 

Please don't hesitate to send myself or Havard a PM here if you need anything.

Glad to see you at the Comeback Inn again!