The Comeback Inn
The Hello Thread! - Printable Version

+- The Comeback Inn (https://blackmoor.mystara.us/forums)
+-- Forum: The Garnet Room - Blackmoor General Forum (https://blackmoor.mystara.us/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: Zvenzen's Freehold - General Chat (https://blackmoor.mystara.us/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: The Hello Thread! (/showthread.php?tid=223)

Re: The Hello Thread! - RobJN - 07-25-2021

marscomulus Wrote:Hello Everyone.

Me and my group are pulling out the Rules Compendium and starting a Blackmoor Campaign.

Figured this would be a good place to get ideas.

~Marty
You might find an idea or two around here.....

Welcome to the Comeback Inn, Marty!

Re: The Hello Thread! - jahadbarnes - 08-29-2021

Hi there! Long time fan of Blackmoor. I purchased DA1 in 1986 while living in Frankfurt, Germany. Hoping to expand my knowledge of the legend's world. And, have access to the the Bailif Group.

Re: The Hello Thread! - rredmond - 08-30-2021

Welcome jahadbarnes!
Be well! :mrgreen:

Re: The Hello Thread! - TheBax2k - 09-18-2021

Greetings. I’ve been a fan of Blackmoor since the 80s. I was fortunate enough to have purchased DA1-4. DA3 with its mix of sci-fi and fantasy was probably my favorite (I also enjoyed Expedition to the Barrier Peaks as well). I am enjoying what fans have done and crafted with the material.

Re: The Hello Thread! - Persimmon - 09-26-2021

Greetings everyone!

Came here by a rather convoluted route. I've been a fan of the Blackmoor setting since buying and playing the various DA modules back in the 1980s. I even wrote a short novel based in part on our characters' adventures in Blackmoor back then. We then played the whole DA series again about 10 years ago as part of an extended Mystara campaign that took the party from first level all the way to immortality.

More recently, inspired by Goodman Games' Original Adventures Reincarnated series, I decided that I wanted to do an "Original Adventurers Reincarnated" campaign for OSE. I had found character sheets for several of the very first PCs that I, my brother, and my best friend created back in 1981-82. So I thought it would be cool to bring them back for one more adventure to save the world. Incidentally Persimmon the Elf was the first PC I created on New Year's Eve 1981, using the Moldvay red boxed set, which I had just gotten for Christmas that year.

So the premise here is this: by some mistake a group of low level heroes has unleashed powerful Chaos magic which has led to the extermination of all good heroes above 5th level in the campaign setting, which is my homebrew world of Krysonia. This has greatly facilitated the expansion of the forces of an evil demigod and his foul minions. There is, of course, a prophecy about this event which states that the evil entity can only be defeated by the greatest heroes of past, present, and future. Luckily, the original blundering heroes have discovered the existence of an artifact that will allow them to call back the greatest heroes of Krysonia's past. These are our original PCs. Once the part accomplishes this, they will learn that in order to defeat the evil demigod, they must assemble a powerful artifact, the pieces of which are scattered about the multiverse, literally across space and time. One of these pieces will be in Blackmoor.

I haven't worked out all the specifics yet, but I thought this would be a cool way to call back to some of our old adventures. And this seemed like a logical place to mine for ideas. In particular I'm looking for a conversion of the 3.5 version of the Dungeons of Castle Blackmoor to OSE. I can do it myself, but why reinvent the wheel as they say? But I'm also interested in other content I can use for inspiration.

Re: The Hello Thread! - rredmond - 09-28-2021

Welcome Persimmon! What novel did you write?
Also, good luck in your OSE quest!

Re: The Hello Thread! - Persimmon - 09-28-2021

rredmond Wrote:Welcome Persimmon! What novel did you write?
Also, good luck in your OSE quest!

Not a "real" novel; just a handwritten novelization of our gaming adventures back when I was in high school. Back then I had aspirations of becoming a real novelist, but that didn't quite work out so I write non-fiction (History) these days but still game for fun. I realized that it was the history of settings like Blackmoor & Middle Earth that really appealed to me.

Re: The Hello Thread! - rredmond - 09-28-2021

Sounds fun!
Again, good luck. I understand OSE a bit more than 3.5e, so I understand wanting to convert Castle Blackmoor!
Be well!

Re: The Hello Thread! - Nikkiro - 09-28-2021

Hello, everyone!

I started playing D&D with the '77 white box, and have been a fan of Blackmoor ever since that first supplement.

My players were not fans of the TPK in the Temple of the Frog that followed, but I digress.

Looking forward to hanging out here!

Re: The Hello Thread! - rredmond - 09-29-2021

Welcome Nikkiro!!
You’ll definitely enjoy it here. Smile