The Comeback Inn
The Hello Thread! - Printable Version

+- The Comeback Inn (https://blackmoor.mystara.us/forums)
+-- Forum: The Garnet Room - Blackmoor General Forum (https://blackmoor.mystara.us/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: Zvenzen's Freehold - General Chat (https://blackmoor.mystara.us/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: The Hello Thread! (/showthread.php?tid=223)

Re: The Hello Thread! - guoccamole - 05-12-2020

Found the Kickstarter, and that’s how I found my way here. Even though I started with D&D in 1981, I took some decades off and am really learning about Dave Arneson now. And I’m here to find out more.

I started playing 5E in 2018 with a new group of experienced players, and we’ve been running more or less “weekly” (biweekly in practice) since then. We play face-to-face, trade off DM’ing (3 DMs so far), and have a group of five (one of whom won’t DM). Most of us use Fantasy Grounds which is... OK, but we use it face-to-face. Our new challenge in the age of pandemic isolation is to go fully remote. The next (4th and last) DM wants to play paper and pen, so I am probably going to be DMing again, since I have the tech chops to get us online.

I look forward to seeing and learning more about Blackmoor.

Re: The Hello Thread! - Havard - 05-13-2020

mallachain Wrote:HI,

I've been playing D&D since I was first introduced to it in Junior High in the dim and distant past.

In the last few years, I've been reading up on the history of the creation of the game and its designers, which is how I ended up backing the Secrets of Blackmoor.

Good to have you here mallachain! Smile

If you are interested in the history of the Blackmoor game, I recommend exploring various sections of this website. Smile

-Havard

acedrummer Wrote:Hello! Introducing myself to group.

I been a gamer since 1977. Started on Avalon Hill games in my teens when I lived in Iowa. Found a book store game shop in Des Moines that had games and the owner convinced that I should try this new game D&D ( Basic Edition: Holmes). Been hooked every since. Now living north of Pittsburgh and gaming at least once a week.

Thanks for let me join the conversation.

Chuck

Hello Chuck! Great having you here! Smile

-Havard

kdolunt Wrote:
Yaztromo Wrote:
kdolunt Wrote:I don't really have the time or energy to create something from scratch, so I picked up a copy of "The Redwood Scar" from DTRPG, and noticed it has a LOT in common with "The Sunless Citadel". It should be easy to convert using things like the stats for Twig Blights from the 5E monster manual. My wife will be joining him as a second player, and then I'll round it out with an NPC. I also have a 17-year old son who says it's "too nerdy" for him, and a 15-year old daughter with pretty serious autism who can't speak well enough to participate, but she can sit at the table and roll the dice and move the figure for the NPC. I'm going to put a bigger emphasis on the tech/aliens, how it contrasts with the elves and nature, and make the Scar some kind of alien life form that landed in a meteor like the Blob.
Have a look at the MMRPG section of this website and you will find prequels and sequels associated to the Redwood Scar (i.e. the Redwood Saga): it is really very good stuff.

Thanks. I'll take a look. I started with a modified version of Castle Blackmoor level 1 (d20 version), so I can get them up to level 2 before I drop them into the Redwood Scar adventure. It's going well so far!

Sounds like a great place to start Chris! Smile

-Havard

guoccamole Wrote:Found the Kickstarter, and that’s how I found my way here. Even though I started with D&D in 1981, I took some decades off and am really learning about Dave Arneson now. And I’m here to find out more.

I started playing 5E in 2018 with a new group of experienced players, and we’ve been running more or less “weekly” (biweekly in practice) since then. We play face-to-face, trade off DM’ing (3 DMs so far), and have a group of five (one of whom won’t DM). Most of us use Fantasy Grounds which is... OK, but we use it face-to-face. Our new challenge in the age of pandemic isolation is to go fully remote. The next (4th and last) DM wants to play paper and pen, so I am probably going to be DMing again, since I have the tech chops to get us online.

I look forward to seeing and learning more about Blackmoor.

Sounds great Guoccamole!

Over the last month, I have moved most of my games online. If anything good has come out of this, its that I am actually getting to play more since everyone has time now. Smile

-Havard

Re: The Hello Thread! - RIrwin - 05-13-2020

Hello Blackmoor friends. Thanks so much for creating this wonderful tribute to Dave Arneson and friends!

Re: The Hello Thread! - Havard - 05-14-2020

RIrwin Wrote:Hello Blackmoor friends. Thanks so much for creating this wonderful tribute to Dave Arneson and friends!

Welcome to the Comeback Inn RIrwin! How did you get interested in Blackmoor?

I you now have access to the good stuff Smile

-Havard

Re: The Hello Thread! - jahadbarnes - 05-14-2020

Hi there,
I have been playing, inconsistently, in Blackmoor since DA1 (1986?). I have run three different campaigns here and even had one group cross paths with an earlier group they played. Their realization of this was quite funny as the prior group got arrested for disturbing the peace. Even though I don't play at this time I continue to build history and timelines.

May I be admitted to the Bailif Group? I am looking for information on Williamsfort, when it was established specifically.

Best wishes and be well,
Jeffrey

Re: The Hello Thread! - jahadbarnes - 05-14-2020

Thank your for opening the vaults to the treasure trove. Big Grin

Re: The Hello Thread! - Havard - 05-14-2020

jahadbarnes Wrote:Hi there,
I have been playing, inconsistently, in Blackmoor since DA1 (1986?). I have run three different campaigns here and even had one group cross paths with an earlier group they played. Their realization of this was quite funny as the prior group got arrested for disturbing the peace. Even though I don't play at this time I continue to build history and timelines.

Hello Jeffrey!

Welcome to the Comeback Inn! Your Blackmoor campaign sounds epic! Did you ever take a look at the d20 books for Blackmoor? Even if you prefer BECMI (also my favorite edition), there is plenty of stuff there that can be used.

Quote:May I be admitted to the Bailif Group? I am looking for information on Williamsfort, when it was established specifically.

Best wishes and be well,
Jeffrey

In order to join the Bailif Group, you have to perform a few easy things. In fact you are almost there! Just follow these instructions! Smile

Good luck! Smile

-Havard