The Comeback Inn
The Hello Thread! - Printable Version

+- The Comeback Inn (https://blackmoor.mystara.us/forums)
+-- Forum: The Garnet Room - Blackmoor General Forum (https://blackmoor.mystara.us/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: Zvenzen's Freehold - General Chat (https://blackmoor.mystara.us/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: The Hello Thread! (/showthread.php?tid=223)

Re: The Hello Thread! - Havard - 02-09-2020

thedugan Wrote:Instructions said to make a post here....

61 years old, married, adult kids - retirement is when I'll start gaming again. Work schedule is so screwed up it's impossible to get with a gaming group.

Hello thedugan!

Welcome to The Comeback Inn! Smile

Its always good to make plans. Did you ever use Blackmoor in the past? Smile

-Havard

Hello from Helena (Alabama) - KyleCrider - 02-10-2020

Greetings from Helena, which in Alabama is a suburb of Birmingham . Very glad to visit the Blackmoor Archives and get reacquainted with classic Blackmoor content and discover new. Cheers! -Kyle

Re: The Hello Thread! - Arcades Sabboth - 02-22-2020

Hi! Longtime Blackmoor fan here. Trying to get every little piece of info on the first campaign world ever!

Re: Hello from Helena (Alabama) - Havard - 03-03-2020

KyleCrider Wrote:Greetings from Helena, which in Alabama is a suburb of Birmingham . Very glad to visit the Blackmoor Archives and get reacquainted with classic Blackmoor content and discover new. Cheers! -Kyle

Welcome to the boards Kyle!

Anything in particular you are interested in when it comes to Blackmoor? Smile

-Havard

Re: The Hello Thread! - Havard - 03-03-2020

Arcades Sabboth Wrote:Hi! Longtime Blackmoor fan here. Trying to get every little piece of info on the first campaign world ever!

Welcome to the Comeback Inn Arcades Sabboth! Hope you like this place! Smile

-Havard

Introduction - Regent - 03-11-2020

This is just an introduction...I have been running a Blackmoor campaign for about 5 years now, occasionally borrowing material from other campaign settings. I am also a big fan of Greyhawk, Mystara, and Wilderlands. I am very interested in checking out ideas and fan-made materials to expand my own campaign.

Re: Introduction - RobJN - 03-11-2020

Regent Wrote:This is just an introduction...I have been running a Blackmoor campaign for about 5 years now, occasionally borrowing material from other campaign settings. I am also a big fan of Greyhawk, Mystara, and Wilderlands. I am very interested in checking out ideas and fan-made materials to expand my own campaign.
Welcome to the Comeback Inn, Regent!

Please, tell us about your campaign when you have a spare moment or three. I'm always excited to see what others have done with the setting and characters. How have you made Blackmoor your own?

Re: The Hello Thread! - Regent - 03-12-2020

I appreciate the welcome. I must confess right up front that this is literally the first forum of any kind I have joined, so please grant me a bit of leniency. I am learning how to navigate this place.

For the most part, I am using 3.5 rules set for my current campaign, but that is using the term loosely. I am of the mind that editions are an illusion and they all simply offer different rules options/variants. I do not view them as different games. In other words, my DM style as far as rules is rather chimeric. I don't even hate 4E like many people do.

Some of the more interesting things that have happened in my campaign over the last five years are that the city of Jackport was completely taken over by Pirate Lords for about a year, the PCs have faced and (mostly) survived an ancient white dragon whom resides atop Stormkiller Mountain, and below/within said mountain there lies a vast dungeon not unlike Undermountain (unashamedly influenced by that legendary place with some things even taken outright). The PCs are currently en route from Maus (their home base, where their leader owns a tavern) to Blackmoor, where they shall attempt to infiltrate the Thieve's Guild there, in order to reclaim a powerful magic artifact (an Orb of White Dragon Control) and some NPC allies. En route, they stopped by the Old North Watchtower and discovered more than anticipated. In my campaign, this place is suspiciously similar to The Ghost Tower of Inverness, but with a different history, of course. Like I said, I borrow a lot of stuff from a lot of places, but also make a lot of alterations to said stuff.

The PC Party is made up of 10-12 level characters - an elven thief/psion, a half-orc barbarian, a lizard man, and a halfling.

Although My campaign may not have a lot of genuinely original ideas, I think the combination used makes it fairly so.

Re: The Hello Thread! - GoBa - 03-25-2020

Hello,

Figuring out how to navigate this type of forum for the first time, I thought I would begin by introducing myself. GoBa by name, originally from Scandinavia, but currently living in occasionally picturesque New England. Began playing BECMI around 1986 and always had a soft spot for Blackmoor DA1-4. I recently purchased both the Judge's Guild volume from aeons ago, and the 2005 Zeitgeist DM book and felt the rush all over again. Knew some of the names from Mystara/Pandius when I came to this page to begin reading. Now eager to see more of what people are doing. My interests are twofold: the game world itself, and the fascinating story of its gradual creation over nearly half a century.

Re: The Hello Thread! - RobJN - 03-28-2020

GoBa Wrote:Hello,

Figuring out how to navigate this type of forum for the first time, I thought I would begin by introducing myself.
Welcome to the Comeback Inn, GoBa! Looks like you're off to a good start. Big Grin

Quote:Began playing BECMI around 1986 and always had a soft spot for Blackmoor DA1-4. I recently purchased both the Judge's Guild volume from aeons ago, and the 2005 Zeitgeist DM book and felt the rush all over again. Knew some of the names from Mystara/Pandius when I came to this page to begin reading. Now eager to see more of what people are doing. My interests are twofold: the game world itself, and the fascinating story of its gradual creation over nearly half a century.
Dive on into the topics, and don't be afraid to ask questions or resurrect older threads if you've got something to ask/add!