The Comeback Inn
The Hello Thread! - Printable Version

+- The Comeback Inn (https://blackmoor.mystara.us/forums)
+-- Forum: The Garnet Room - Blackmoor General Forum (https://blackmoor.mystara.us/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: Zvenzen's Freehold - General Chat (https://blackmoor.mystara.us/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: The Hello Thread! (/showthread.php?tid=223)

Re: The Hello Thread! - pppafort - 12-01-2019

Hello everyone,

I recently started a Blackmoor campaign with my gaming group, loosely based on the old DA modules and Wrath of the Immortals campaign. Only just joined the forum and haven't had a very thorough look yet and can't yet access all the content. But already very impressed with the enormous amount of info available here.

Have known Blackmoor since the late 80s when I was a teen and got some of the DA modules as a gift. Happy to see that the setting has been updated to modern times. Hope to visit the site a lot. Many thanks for keeping it up!

Regards,
Patrick

Re: The Hello Thread! - RobJN - 12-01-2019

pppafort Wrote:Hello everyone,

I recently started a Blackmoor campaign with my gaming group, loosely based on the old DA modules and Wrath of the Immortals campaign. Only just joined the forum and haven't had a very thorough look yet and can't yet access all the content. But already very impressed with the enormous amount of info available here.

Have known Blackmoor since the late 80s when I was a teen and got some of the DA modules as a gift. Happy to see that the setting has been updated to modern times. Hope to visit the site a lot. Many thanks for keeping it up!

Greetings, Patrick! And welcome to the Comeback Inn!

You were lucky -- I kept reading bits and pieces about Blackmoor as it appeared in the D&D Gazetteers and Wrath of the Immortals set when those came out, but didn't get my hands on copies of the DA modules until the late 90s.

Browse around, and feel free to resurrect old threads or topics if you have questions, or something to add!

Re: The Hello Thread! - elcid321 - 01-17-2020

hello everyone, greetings from Tijuana.

Until very recently I only knew of blackmoor as the first campaign setting for d&d, that's it. Once I read more of the setting, I got interested, and I wish to show my players something from d&d history.

Re: The Hello Thread! - gsvenson - 01-19-2020

elcid321 Wrote:hello everyone, greetings from Tijuana.

Until very recently I only knew of blackmoor as the first campaign setting for d&d, that's it. Once I read more of the setting, I got interested, and I wish to show my players something from d&d history.
Hello El Cid,
I think that you have come to the right place. Check out the "The Great Svenny Lord Champion" story by Dave Arneson in GS04 Noble House of Zvenzen CBI Version PDF, for something you might find interesting based upon your userid.

Best Regards

Re: The Hello Thread! - Turambar29 - 01-30-2020

Greetings! I learned about roleplaying from the old West End Games Star Wars RPG, and began my role as a GM with friends and family. I moved on to MERPS and then AD&D 2e. I've been looking to get back into RPGs after a long hiatus, and would love to learn more about Blackmoor!

Re: The Hello Thread! - RobJN - 01-31-2020

Welcome, Turambar!

The good news is, this is a pretty good place to learn about Dave Arneson's Blackmoor setting. The bad news is, there are several different iterations of the place.

It originally appeared in the Original D&D ("white box" "three booklet") as Supplement II. Gary Gygax included it in a corner of his Greyhawk campaign world. There was a falling out between Arneson and Gygax/TSR, and Arneson left TSR. The Judges Guild did a treatment of the setting ("The First Fantasy Campaign"). When Arneson returned to working with TSR, the setting was retconned into the past of the D&D game world. It did not return for an official 2nd Edition run, but was licensed back to Arneson and his game company for 3rd edition and 4th edition apparances.

Lots of lore. Lots of it conflicting due to the various iterations of the setting, which just means there are lots of pieces for a DM to work with Big Grin

Re: The Hello Thread! - Havard - 02-07-2020

Turambar29 Wrote:Greetings! I learned about roleplaying from the old West End Games Star Wars RPG, and began my role as a GM with friends and family. I moved on to MERPS and then AD&D 2e. I've been looking to get back into RPGs after a long hiatus, and would love to learn more about Blackmoor!

Welcome Turambar!

I'm a big fan of WEG's Star Wars myself Smile

-Havard

Re: The Hello Thread! - UbiquitousRat - 02-08-2020

Greetings! My name is Che and I am the host of Roleplay Rescue podcast (not that this matters). I am a recent returner to the older editions of D&D and I really want to explore Blackmoor.

Hope you don’t mind me dropping in.

Re: The Hello Thread! - thedugan - 02-09-2020

Instructions said to make a post here....

61 years old, married, adult kids - retirement is when I'll start gaming again. Work schedule is so screwed up it's impossible to get with a gaming group.

Re: The Hello Thread! - Havard - 02-09-2020

UbiquitousRat Wrote:Greetings! My name is Che and I am the host of Roleplay Rescue podcast (not that this matters). I am a recent returner to the older editions of D&D and I really want to explore Blackmoor.

Hope you don’t mind me dropping in.

Hello there Che!

Thank you for signing up to The Comeback Inn!

You should add a link to your podcast in your signature so that people here are reminded about it when you post Smile

Hope you like it here Smile

-Havard