The Comeback Inn
The Hello Thread! - Printable Version

+- The Comeback Inn (https://blackmoor.mystara.us/forums)
+-- Forum: The Garnet Room - Blackmoor General Forum (https://blackmoor.mystara.us/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: Zvenzen's Freehold - General Chat (https://blackmoor.mystara.us/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: The Hello Thread! (/showthread.php?tid=223)

Re: The Hello Thread! - RobJN - 06-06-2019

Darkworm Colt Wrote:Hi there,

my name is Norbert, I'm the owner of a blog called Darkworm Colt (darkwormcolt.blogspot.com). My rpg interests are pretty narrow, it's mainly old school and (what Chirine ba Kal calls) "pre-school" rpgs (=proto-rpgs, the ones that were played before official D&D).

Right now, we're at the start of a pretty loose Warhammer mini-campaign, but I plan to start a 2d6-Blackmoor game soon-ish.

All the best from Germany,
Norbert
2d6? Is that a system..?

Re: The Hello Thread! - acorn - 06-06-2019

Hey there! I'm Acorn.

I just recently stumbled across this site when doing research on early D&D campaigns and am completely amazed at the massive amount of information available on Blackmoor! There is so much to read about!

Nice to meet you all! Big Grin

Re: The Hello Thread! - gsvenson - 06-10-2019

Nice to meet you, too.

Re: The Hello Thread! - Havard - 06-11-2019

acorn Wrote:Hey there! I'm Acorn.

I just recently stumbled across this site when doing research on early D&D campaigns and am completely amazed at the massive amount of information available on Blackmoor! There is so much to read about!

Nice to meet you all! Big Grin

Welcome to the Comeback Inn acorn! Smile

We have been working on this website since 2002 and the forum since 2009, so there should be quite a bit of information here. We have also been lucky to have Greg and other original players involved with the site as well as people who worked with Dave Arneson from Zeitgeist Games.

But it is so cool to see so many new members sign up recently. I can't wait to hear what you guys think and what parts of Blackmoor interest you! Smile

-Havard

Re: The Hello Thread! - wbeatty - 06-16-2019

Hi, I'm Bill. Been a lurker off and on for a while. Thought I'd like to check out some of the other stuff too!! I've been gaming since about 1980 with long dry stretches of "other things." Glad to see Blackmoor is still getting love.

Re: The Hello Thread! - Havard - 06-17-2019

wbeatty Wrote:Hi, I'm Bill. Been a lurker off and on for a while. Thought I'd like to check out some of the other stuff too!! I've been gaming since about 1980 with long dry stretches of "other things." Glad to see Blackmoor is still getting love.

Hi Bill,
congrats on delurking! Smile

What games are you most interested in these days?

-Havard

Re: The Hello Thread! - scottenkainen - 06-17-2019

Hi all! Scott Casper here, some of you might know me from some stuff.

I've been a longtime Greyhawk fan, but for my newest campaign I wanted to go even Older School and use the Great Kingdom setting, pre-1980, that the Castles & Crusades Society used, and that Blackmoor and Greyhawk were equal places in.

What Havard has been unwittingly doing is helping me to fill in the details in that large gap of Great Kingdom between Blackmoor and Greyhawk. So I'm looking forward to reading that, plus all the other research and creative new work being stored here!

Re: The Hello Thread! - Shaun - 06-17-2019

Hi, I lost a spaceship awhile back the ISS Beagle, anyone seen it! May have parked it near by.

Re: The Hello Thread! - RobJN - 06-17-2019

Shaun Wrote:Hi, I lost a spaceship awhile back the ISS Beagle, anyone seen it! May have parked it near by.
Welcome to the Comeback Inn, Shaun.

Um, about that spaceship.... I've got some bad news about the valet parking situation.... :oops:

Re: The Hello Thread! - aldarron - 06-17-2019

RobJN Wrote:2d6? Is that a system..?

Yeah there's a couple. My old Dragons at Dawn was/is 2d6.