The Comeback Inn
The Hello Thread! - Printable Version

+- The Comeback Inn (https://blackmoor.mystara.us/forums)
+-- Forum: The Garnet Room - Blackmoor General Forum (https://blackmoor.mystara.us/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: Zvenzen's Freehold - General Chat (https://blackmoor.mystara.us/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: The Hello Thread! (/showthread.php?tid=223)

Re: The Hello Thread! - 1970 - 12-26-2018

Hello!

I've been lurking here for a month or two and, after reading Havard's blog article on the difficulty of getting a community together I thought I'd do my part and join up.

I'm a neophyte Blackmoor fan, having just recently gotten some of the 3.5 Zeitgeist books for relatively good prices at a gaming shop before hitting the internet and grabbing the rest of the line that I could find. Before that I played through a portion of The City of the Gods for BECMI D&D when I was a teenager, but that was long ago and I don't remember anything that happened to my character(s).

I'll leave this at that for now; I'm excited about getting deeper into the setting once I really get to dig into my books and this forum.

Thanks for reading! Smile

Re: The Hello Thread! - Havard - 12-27-2018

1970 Wrote:Hello!

I've been lurking here for a month or two and, after reading Havard's blog article on the difficulty of getting a community together I thought I'd do my part and join up.

I'm a neophyte Blackmoor fan, having just recently gotten some of the 3.5 Zeitgeist books for relatively good prices at a gaming shop before hitting the internet and grabbing the rest of the line that I could find. Before that I played through a portion of The City of the Gods for BECMI D&D when I was a teenager, but that was long ago and I don't remember anything that happened to my character(s).

I'll leave this at that for now; I'm excited about getting deeper into the setting once I really get to dig into my books and this forum.

Thanks for reading! Smile

Hi there 1970!

Good to see you here at The Comeback Inn too! Let us know if you see something you like here! Smile

-Havard

Re: The Hello Thread! - Saracenus - 12-29-2018

Hello All,

I am Bryan Blumklotz (AKA Saracen/Saracenus, AKA PDXNetrunner). I am a longtime gamer (it was a family thing) and D&D player from around 1978/79.

My connection to Blackmoor is from the World of Greyhawk Campaign and eventually Mystra.

Things I am known for now:

You can see me talking about the World of Greyhawk on The Greyhawk Channel (Twitch.tv/YouTube) as a guest:

Re: The Hello Thread! - RobJN - 12-29-2018

Saracenus Wrote:Hello All,

I am Bryan Blumklotz (AKA Saracen/Saracenus, AKA PDXNetrunner). I am a longtime gamer (it was a family thing) and D&D player from around 1978/79.

My connection to Blackmoor is from the World of Greyhawk Campaign and eventually Mystra.
Welcome to the Comeback Inn, Bryan!

Did you ever visit Blackmoor in your Greyhawk or Mystara games? How did the setting develop in your game(s)?

Re: The Hello Thread! - osh-kosh bigosh - 01-01-2019

Greetings all !

Newcomer (despite the fact that I play for 39 years) that crossed a strange portal to a weird world... French frog who worship the Great God Tsatthogua and library rat still snooping ; I'll sniff every corner of this dungeon for my delight... Smile

At first glance, there is some excellent work that has been done here ! Awesome !!!

Moreover, will you agree to add me to the Bailif Group ?

Great job from all of you and very interesting discussions ! Thanks.

Re: The Hello Thread! - kniped - 01-02-2019

Hi

Loved Arneson's work and ideas, but have been neglectful in recent years. Was not aware the site was back and running.

Re: The Hello Thread! - RobJN - 01-03-2019

osh-kosh bigosh Wrote:Greetings all !

Newcomer (despite the fact that I play for 39 years) that crossed a strange portal to a weird world... French frog who worship the Great God Tsatthogua and library rat still snooping ; I'll sniff every corner of this dungeon for my delight... Smile

At first glance, there is some excellent work that has been done here ! Awesome !!!

Just don't chew on the books too much, now that you have access to the Bailiff's materials Big Grin

Re: The Hello Thread! - Havard - 01-03-2019

Saracenus Wrote:Hello All,

Welcome to the Comeback Inn Bryan!

Let us know if you ever talk about Blackmoor on your Twitch Channel, or other pages! Smile

-Havard

osh-kosh bigosh Wrote:Greetings all !

Hello Osh-Kosh Bigosh! Welcome to this place! I am so glad you like it!

Let us know what you think of the Bailif exclusive stuff as well Smile

-Havard

kniped Wrote:Hi

Loved Arneson's work and ideas, but have been neglectful in recent years. Was not aware the site was back and running.

Hi there Kniped,
where are you from? Smile

-Havard