The Comeback Inn
The Hello Thread! - Printable Version

+- The Comeback Inn (https://blackmoor.mystara.us/forums)
+-- Forum: The Garnet Room - Blackmoor General Forum (https://blackmoor.mystara.us/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: Zvenzen's Freehold - General Chat (https://blackmoor.mystara.us/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: The Hello Thread! (/showthread.php?tid=223)

Re: The Hello Thread! - Havard - 11-23-2018

Hello Malchor!

Welcome to the Comeback Inn. Hope you like it here. Don't be afraid to ask questions!

-Havard

Re: The Hello Thread! - Rafael - 11-24-2018

Malchor Wrote:Hello,

Some of you may know me from DF and ODD74 where I post on occasion. I'm still catching up on posts here and mostly here to soak up information.

I'm curious about Arneson and the whole Twin Cities crew—as well as MAR Barker, the gamers in his group, and the Duluth gamers.

Hey, Malchor! Smile That's cool! Smile

Re: The Hello Thread! - gsvenson - 11-24-2018

Not many people would remember the Duluth crew, Chuck Munson and Gary Charbaneau (misspelled). Scott Belfry lives near there now days, too.

Re: The Hello Thread! - Malchor - 11-24-2018

Havard Wrote:Hello Malchor!

Welcome to the Comeback Inn. Hope you like it here. Don't be afraid to ask questions!

-Havard

Thank you for the welcome Harvard, and thank you for work in research as well as hosting this forum!

So many questions.

Rafael Wrote:Hey, Malchor! Smile That's cool! Smile
Hey Rafael. Are you the same Rafael on ODD74?

gsvenson Wrote:Not many people would remember the Duluth crew, Chuck Munson and Gary Charbaneau (misspelled). Scott Belfry lives near there now days, too.

Wow. Hello Greg. It is an honor.

I only know of the Duluth crew through Dan's work on Mark Bufkin's variant game.

While I have not had the opportunity to play ETP, I keep looking at the earlier green cover edition and seeing more of Bufkin's work and what seems like echoes of what is mentioned in FFC.

Re: The Hello Thread! - Rafael - 11-25-2018

Malchor Wrote:Hey Rafael. Are you the same Rafael on ODD74?

Yes, of course, that's me. Fin and I met through the Comeback Inn, I think. Smile

Re: The Hello Thread! - jonklement - 11-27-2018

Hello!

"Real life" has been competing for my gaming time for awhile, but I always check in back here at the Comeback Inn to read the awesome stuff that the fan community is doing on the net to keep Blackmoor and Mystara alive. I love the Mystara 2300BC setting and so do several members of my table.

Jon Klement

Re: The Hello Thread! - RobJN - 11-27-2018

jonklement Wrote:Hello!

"Real life" has been competing for my gaming time for awhile, but I always check in back here at the Comeback Inn to read the awesome stuff that the fan community is doing on the net to keep Blackmoor and Mystara alive. I love the Mystara 2300BC setting and so do several members of my table.

Jon Klement
Welcome, Jon. Glad you're at least able to drop by to catch up every now and then. Chimpman's Mystara 2300BC stuff is awesome. I'm digging his coverage of both the radiomancer dwarves and the vampire kingdom of Taymora. A fascinating take on possible origins for the curses of vampirism and lycanthropy.

Does your group make use of the setting? Or any of the iterations of Blackmoor?

Re: The Hello Thread! - LycosHayes - 11-29-2018

Hey, long time fan of Blackmoor, played during it's original run!

Now I wish to bring this magic to new players!

Re: The Hello Thread! - pghfett - 12-02-2018

Hello Everyone,
I'm a avid Blackmoor fan from way back.
I cannot tell you how pleased I am with all of the new Videos on Blackmoor I've been watching religiously and the new Kickstarter
which I am a supporter of.
I love everything Blackmoor and cannot get enough of it.

Mike

Re: The Hello Thread! - Havard - 12-03-2018

pghfett Wrote:Hello Everyone,
I'm a avid Blackmoor fan from way back.
I cannot tell you how pleased I am with all of the new Videos on Blackmoor I've been watching religiously and the new Kickstarter
which I am a supporter of.
I love everything Blackmoor and cannot get enough of it.

Mike

Hello Mike!

Welcome to The Comeback Inn! How did you first get introduced to Blackmoor? Smile

-Havard