The Comeback Inn
The Hello Thread! - Printable Version

+- The Comeback Inn (https://blackmoor.mystara.us/forums)
+-- Forum: The Garnet Room - Blackmoor General Forum (https://blackmoor.mystara.us/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: Zvenzen's Freehold - General Chat (https://blackmoor.mystara.us/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: The Hello Thread! (/showthread.php?tid=223)

Re: The Hello Thread! - Havard - 10-09-2017

ctimmins Wrote:Hi all, I am interested in viewing the site and reviewing the resources available. I'm an admin/librarian over at RPGGeek.com and I'm always looking for potential new documents to add to the wiki over there.

Thanks!

Hello Ctimmins!
Welcome to the Comeback Inn! It is great having friends from RPGGeek with us here!

Hope you like it here Smile

-Havard

Re: The Hello Thread! - dvanarkel - 10-10-2017

Hi all,

long time on and off DnD reader (early 80s), real life seems to prevent me from playing most of the time :-(

Looking to catch up on what's new since I last spent serious time looking, some 10 years ago. Tend to favour the older settings (Mystara/Blackmoor/Greyhawk/...), although taking a look at Bruce Heards latest now.

Re: The Hello Thread! - smgmurphy - 10-12-2017

Hello! Smile

Re: The Hello Thread! - Havard - 10-12-2017

dvanarkel Wrote:Hi all,

long time on and off DnD reader (early 80s), real life seems to prevent me from playing most of the time :-(

Looking to catch up on what's new since I last spent serious time looking, some 10 years ago. Tend to favour the older settings (Mystara/Blackmoor/Greyhawk/...), although taking a look at Bruce Heards latest now.

Hello Dvanarkel! Great seeing you here! Do we know you from some of the other sites or Facebook groups? Smile

Looks like you have a great taste on settings man! Smile

Hope you like this place!

BTW, I have bumped you up to regular posting status now that I know you're a real human being. We are trying to get those Replicant types out of here Big Grin

-Havard

Re: The Hello Thread! - Havard - 10-12-2017

smgmurphy Wrote:Hello! Smile

Hello smgmurphy! Smile

Welcome out of lurker status at last! Smile

-Havard

Re: The Hello Thread! - klintron - 10-24-2017

Hi all, been meaning to introduce myself. I'm a long time RPG player and referee/GM.

I got my start in RPGing in the late 90s, running dungeon crawls with the Holmes Basic D&D set that I inherited from my parents (I still have the set: I'm the only person I know who uses dice older than they are!). From there I started playing and running AD&D 2E and Vampire: The Masquerade. I dropped out of role playing in college, but got back into it back in 2010, largely thanks to the indie game scene. These days I mostly play Savage Worlds and Apocalypse World variants, but my big obsession these days is learning about the pre-D&D Twin City era of gaming and putting that knowledge to use by actually running games (with a healthy dose of modern stuff from the Old School Revival community).

I also recently ran a Blackmoor dungeon crawl inspired by Greg's account of the first crawl, using custom rules. I hope to run that scenario again, but also more scenarios in the future inspired by the troll bridge adventure, the Icelandic cave adventure, the Viking/Skandaharian scenario, and the Gin of Sailik and the cult of Pygmalion.

More immediately, I'll probably run Rules to the Game of Dungeon sometime soon. I might scratch the serial numbers of Keep on the Borderlands and key it with stuff from Craig VanGrasstek's actual play reports. Alternately or additionally, I may use it to run gonzo modules like Anomalous Subsurface Environment or the Gathox Vertical Slum. Gotta get the meatballs in there somewhere regardless.

I also plan to eventually run Braunstein I and IV using the Gencon handouts, but I anticipate difficulty pulling enough people together for those. Oh, and Empire of the Petal Throne (I already ordered a copy of the new printing).

That's obviously enough to keep me busy for a long while!

Re: The Hello Thread! - aldarron - 10-26-2017

Welcome Klintron! - sounds like you've come to the right place. You might be interested in my Champions of ZED rules, which are chock full of early game and Arsonian goodness, but in any case, you must pick up a copy of the FFC (there's a free pdf floating about....) and it wouldn't hurt to look into the JG Ready Ref sheets. That's plenty of material to keep you busy for a while....

Re: The Hello Thread! - klintron - 10-26-2017

Aldarron Wrote:Welcome Klintron! - sounds like you've come to the right place. You might be interested in my Champions of ZED rules, which are chock full of early game and Arsonian goodness, but in any case, you must pick up a copy of the FFC (there's a free pdf floating about....) and it wouldn't hurt to look into the JG Ready Ref sheets. That's plenty of material to keep you busy for a while....

I still haven't read ZED (or Fred's World come to think of it), but I've read or at least skimmed D@D, AiF, FFC, the VanGrasstek rules, and countless blog posts and threads here, on odd74, your blog, and elsewhere. (I've been lurking for quite some time Big Grin )

Re: The Hello Thread! - cooneypete - 10-27-2017

Hello! Long-time Blackmoor fan and Blackmoor MMRPG enthusiast.

Re: The Hello Thread! - Havard - 10-30-2017

cooneypete Wrote:Hello! Long-time Blackmoor fan and Blackmoor MMRPG enthusiast.

Hello Pete!

Welcome to the Comeback Inn! Do you have any experiences as a DM or player in Blackmoor that you could share with us? Smile

-Havard