The Comeback Inn
Blackmoor Maps - Printable Version

+- The Comeback Inn (https://blackmoor.mystara.us/forums)
+-- Forum: The Garnet Room - Blackmoor General Forum (https://blackmoor.mystara.us/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Blackmoor Discussions (https://blackmoor.mystara.us/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Blackmoor Maps (/showthread.php?tid=348)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

- Dave L - 04-06-2010

Rafael Wrote:Besides, I think I will print that one out in poster size.

Dave, I have no clue who you are, but you have no idea how much you have done for me with that!

Thanks from all my heart! Big Grin
Thank you. Smile

I am enjoying reading the campaign threads - as a relative newcomer to Blackmoor they help to picture the setting in my mind. That gave me the impetus to have a go at the maps - to think that my efforts are good enough for you to use makes it all worthwhile.

I have created the maps in a free program called Gimp, using the Hexgimp add-on which Thorf allowed to use his hex art. The thought of being able to use Thorf's art to create my own maps was also part of the appeal!

I would be happy to upload the Gimp source files for you if you would like, or if you would prefer the map in another graphics format I can do that too.

- Rafael - 04-06-2010

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Please, do upload the files. - Or, which might be faster, could I simply add somelocations to your map via some standard program like paint and could you then put them in so that they fit?

This might take a while, and might be an ongoing process, though...

On a side note, we should maybe create a second game! The nature of our endeavour with "The Promised Land" hinders any real parallel games in BM, but if there is a valiant DM who wants to set up a Wilderlands or Mystara (or Powers and Perils!) campaign, I think there would be players!!!

- Dave L - 04-06-2010

You have a PM. Smile

If you aren't used to Gimp I'd be happy to adapt the map for you while you learn how to do things - just mark any changes on the png and send me a link.

Literally anything can be changed, and very quickly too, including adding new areas to the map (I had to work out how to do that to combine DA3 and DA4).

If you need new symbols I might be able to help with that too - just ask. :wink:

Edit: Of course, if you take a look at Gimp and feel you don't have the time to learn it, I'd be happy to help out on an ongoing basis with your maps - whatever is best for you.

- Rafael - 04-06-2010

Big Grin

Thanks a lot!

It will probably take me until next weekend, but I'll experiment a bit with the files you have given me and put something out... Big Grin

As for our campaign, I doubt we will exceed the known map in the forseeable future, but that would definitely somehting I would appreciate your help with!!!

- Dave L - 04-06-2010

Rafael Wrote:As for our campaign, I doubt we will exceed the known map in the forseeable future, but that would definitely somehting I would appreciate your help with!!!

Actually, today I've been looking at the Wilderlands maps, but they are all at 5 miles per hex - if I wanted to connect them to Blackmoor (I can already see how it could be done) it would mean either pretending they were 10 miles per hex, or re-making the Blackmoor map to twice its current size.

It's not something I really want to do, as it would take ages, but the thought of being able to connect Blackmoor with all those existing maps is quite tempting ...

- Rafael - 04-06-2010

I have no real idea about the size differences.

Have you read the description in the "Maiden's BM" booklet?

That might maybe serve as an inspiration.

- Rafael - 04-06-2010

http://blackmoor.mystara.us/forums/viewtopic.php?t=395

- Havard - 04-06-2010

Dave L Wrote:I have created the maps in a free program called Gimp, using the Hexgimp add-on which Thorf allowed to use his hex art. The thought of being able to use Thorf's art to create my own maps was also part of the appeal!

I'm interested in the gimp files. Not really sure what I'd do with them, but if its Blackmoor, I just want it Wink

Rafael: How do you mean that our campaign prevents other games to take place?

Havard

- Rafael - 04-06-2010

Havard Wrote:Rafael: How do you mean that our campaign prevents other games to take place?

Well, we are playing the Last Fantasy Campaign.

Supposedly, the last word on BM, ever.

Our continuity should be canon, at least on this board.

Now, in the unlikely case that someone would set up a campaign as a big and epic as ours, I would oppose to it because I really want to have said last word on the setting, and not argue about conflicting contuinities.

I am not sure if I am being clear: I don't want to be a megalomaniac, but in the same fashion that other fan sites push a metacampaign forward (Fraternity of Shadows, the Greyhawk and the Birthright communities) that is undisputed among the other visitors of their forum, I want to make PL the metacampaign for Blackmoor - which it already is, at this point.

So, instead of spitting in my soup, I would encourage people to set their PbP games on this forum in our continuity, or maybe, to have a certain variation, in another era and region of the World of Blackmoor, since PL will (small spoiler here) effectively cover THE ENTIRE BM era, from the 990s to sundering of the world as falsely recorded by Mystaran historian to have taken place way later... :twisted:

Of course, I accept any other version of BM to be as valid as mine, but WE are the Last Fantasy Campaign, and noone else.

- Dave L - 04-06-2010

Just a note that minor changes have been made to the DA3, DA4 and combined maps - thanks Havard!

One spelling mistake in the DA3 map, and two small towns missing from the DA4 map, which weren't in DA1.

If anyone spots any other mistakes, please let me know and I will update the maps ASAP.

Rafael, the Gimp files have been updated too - your link should still work.
Havard - you have a PM. Smile