The Comeback Inn
The Hello Thread! - Printable Version

+- The Comeback Inn (https://blackmoor.mystara.us/forums)
+-- Forum: The Garnet Room - Blackmoor General Forum (https://blackmoor.mystara.us/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: Zvenzen's Freehold - General Chat (https://blackmoor.mystara.us/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: The Hello Thread! (/showthread.php?tid=223)

Re: The Hello Thread! - Havard - 09-29-2013

Slither Wrote:Howdy, I am Mike Meyer brother of someone you may be familiar with: Bob Meyer [AKA Robert the Bald]
Slither was one of two of my original player names. :twisted:

Hi Mike,
welcome to the Comeback Inn! I have corresponded quite a bit with your brother over the years and, along with Greg and a few others, he has been very helpful for my attempts to understand about the finer details of the original Fantasy Campaign.

I would love to hear some of your gaming stories as well! Smile

-Havard

Re: The Hello Thread! - rredmond - 10-04-2013

Welcome all!
Havard man you get some cool folks coming through here, thanks!
--Ron--

Re: The Hello Thread! - Slither - 11-10-2013

Havard,
Bob has mentioned you a couple of times. As to adventures; I'm not sure I can give you any. The time I was introduced was during the transition from Chain Mail to Blackmoor. I'm not sure which game it was I was playing. I only just barely got to play then had to leave to go back to college anyway. My other character at that time was called "Bad Rex". The reason I remember that much is because I actually still have the build sheets for both.
One of the biggest reasons I logged on was to see if Greg S. has heard from any of the other old players? i.e. Siemans or Rothenberg. I saw Dave Belfry contacted you and Fred Funk is long since past away.
Bob and I had a little discussion. I do not know if you know how a lot of how this got started. There was a game called Corns miniatures that I believe Greg originally brought to our little group sometime around 1969? It was a WW2 based first person, make your own map game with Greg normally being the game master. It was individual soldiers with some of the most awful vehicle/tank rules you could imagine. The individual soldiers were not bad rules and Greg made them work well. It eventually evolved into huge tank warfare. [American basement size] I believe people eventually just got tired of the WW2 senario and just evolved into the fantasy senarios for a change. I was actually quite resistant to playing the fantasy part. My motto was "Give me a tank, not a troll" :twisted:
If you have contact with Greg, please let him know my questions.

Thanks much,

Slither

Re: The Hello Thread! - gsvenson - 11-12-2013

Hi Mike (Slither).
I am afraid that I have had no contact with Steve Randenberg or Tim Siemens since they graduated from high school, so I am no help there. Steve went into the army and I don't remember what Tim did. I do wonder what happened to them, too. Dave Leak is still in the Twin Cities, I talked to him a few years ago. He hasn't been a gamer since then. If you remember the Snider brothers, Richard passed away in 2009 due to cancer and John is retired from the army and living happily in Pennsylvania.

I thought that the Corn's games were a lot of fun, too. A lot of people these days don't realize that those games were around back then.
Greg

Re: The Hello Thread! - Slither - 11-14-2013

Sven [Greg]
Great to hear from you! Tim Seamans joined the navy and was stationed in Spain. I lost track of him when I went back to school. I think the alumnia Minnetonka book says he lives in St. Cloud now? I went on and served 20 years in the Engineers in the AF and have now retired to SW NM.
I don't know if you know but Bob told me that the Dave A. stuff was removed from a storage locker after he passed. The locker owner was smart enough to figure out what the stuff was and contacted some gamers who plan on making a museum and putting the stuff into it. I hope it pans out. All you guys need to be in on it. Like I mentioned to Bob; he and guys like you touched the world. All those first person games [video, computor or otherwise] all started with gamers in the 60s and 70s developing the whole basics and excitement.
I miss the gaming we used to do. Computer games maybe faster today, but the personnal interaction was golden. :twisted:

Mike

Re: The Hello Thread! - Rafael - 11-14-2013

Just for clarification, lamentably, the museum idea seems not to have worked out. The entire collection of Dave Arneson's gaming material was sold to
"The Collector's Trove", and at least partially sold on ebay, with the more interesting pieces likely going out through backdoor trades. So, no museum. Just us, and Jon Peterson with his book, really.

Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer, but I would have rather have seen this handled in a different fashion.

Re: The Hello Thread! - robertthebald - 01-02-2014

Hi Mike! It is cool to see you here. I will have to start checking here more often. Have a good new year, bro.
Bob

Re: The Hello Thread! - Havard - 01-02-2014

robertthebald Wrote:Hi Mike! It is cool to see you here. I will have to start checking here more often. Have a good new year, bro.
Bob

Hello Bob!

Great seeing you post here at the Comeback Inn my friend! Smile

-Havard

Re: The Hello Thread! - Ironwolf - 02-05-2014

Hello everyone!

I'm new here...just wanted to say hi.

Re: The Hello Thread! - Havard - 02-05-2014

Greetings Ironwolf!

Welcome to the Comeback Inn! Smile

-Havard