The Comeback Inn
The Hello Thread! - Printable Version

+- The Comeback Inn (https://blackmoor.mystara.us/forums)
+-- Forum: The Garnet Room - Blackmoor General Forum (https://blackmoor.mystara.us/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: Zvenzen's Freehold - General Chat (https://blackmoor.mystara.us/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: The Hello Thread! (/showthread.php?tid=223)

Re: The Hello Thread! - RobJN - 02-28-2013

Ah, gaming goodness from high school. Great times.

Grown older since then, myself. The wife would argue the "grown up" part Wink

Re: The Hello Thread! - nowthenzen - 02-28-2013

Havard Wrote:Hi Nowthenzen!
Welcome to The Comeback Inn!
Great story btw! Did you guys use the Blackmoor Supplement back then? Or The First Fantasy Campaign perhaps?
-Havard

I am sure we had Greyhawk in the group and I remember reading Blackmoor and absorbing the ideas of Temple of the Frog about how to stock an encounter. I am sure I held a copy of Gods, D-G &H and probably Eldritch Wizardy. Not sure about Swords & Spells. I think our group formed in '77 with the white box, someone got hold of the blue box basic and as we were accumlating supplements we turned onto AD&D MM and PH. I know I had all 3 core AD&D books, MM, PH, and DMG and I remember thinking Unearthed Arcana was a 'reach' for revenue by TSR. That was in the mid '80s and the group wound down (I think max levels were 9th, 10th, 11th for the core players and the second group .. or the re-group made it to 5th-7th). {shout out to Wikipedia for providing the reference material for my list}

Based on the time line I think my group was 2nd gen D&D .. the guys who introduced the game to us were early or first adopters. After that 1st interaction our two groups did not cross over .. never played with those guys in the HS library.

Re: The Hello Thread! - nowthenzen - 02-28-2013

RobJN Wrote:Ah, gaming goodness from high school. Great times.

Grown older since then, myself. The wife would argue the "grown up" part Wink

Hi Rob!
Maybe I (we) just grew older .. my group was more into hack and slash and magic item accumulation and not so much role play. Looking back I think the Role Play part is the foundation for logevity.

Re: The Hello Thread! - Dave L - 02-28-2013

Hi to the new visitors. It's good these days to come across those who started playing before me - I started in the early 80's with Holmes and then the Mentzer sets, but never really got into Blackmoor until the last couple of years.

Kind of makes me wish I didn't take that 15 year break after I got married. Smile

Re: The Hello Thread! - Slither - 09-27-2013

Howdy, I am Mike Meyer brother of someone you may be familiar with: Bob Meyer [AKA Robert the Bald]
Slither was one of two of my original player names. :twisted:

Re: The Hello Thread! - rredmond - 09-27-2013

Welcome Mike!
--Ron--

Re: The Hello Thread! - RobJN - 09-27-2013

Welcome aboard, Mike!

Re: The Hello Thread! - gsvenson - 09-27-2013

Hi Mike! I hadn't heard anything about you in a long time! I have fond memories of our gaming times when we were in school!

Re: The Hello Thread! - Rafael - 09-28-2013

Jay! I read about you, Sir! Smile

Welcome to this fine establishment, and don't mind the hobbits. They like living in the fridge.

Re: The Hello Thread! - RobJN - 09-28-2013

Le Noir Faineant Wrote:don't mind the hobbits. They like living in the fridge.
I thought we sprayed for them last month?