The Comeback Inn
The Hello Thread! - Printable Version

+- The Comeback Inn (https://blackmoor.mystara.us/forums)
+-- Forum: The Garnet Room - Blackmoor General Forum (https://blackmoor.mystara.us/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: Zvenzen's Freehold - General Chat (https://blackmoor.mystara.us/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: The Hello Thread! (/showthread.php?tid=223)

Re: The Hello Thread! - kerikion - 01-27-2013

Hi, everybody.

I discovered Blackmoor on Havard's blog a couple of years ago and i've been a fan since.

I began playing D&D like 20 years ago, i've been through Advanced and d20 and recently discovered all the new OSR stuff.

I'm thinking on beginig a little campaign in Blackmoor with my group, so I decided it was as good time as anyone to register in the forums...

So, I don't know if anybody is still presenting themselves in this board, but hey, i thought it was the polite think to do...

Best regards to everybody, and continue the good job!

Re: The Hello Thread! - Havard - 01-27-2013

Hello Kerikon!

I am very happy to hear that my Blog was what brought you to Blackmoor. Glad you have made it all the way here. Smile

Hope you like our little Inn! Smile

-Havard

Re: The Hello Thread! - rredmond - 01-27-2013

Well presented sir! Smile

Welcome!

Re: The Hello Thread! - Rafael - 01-27-2013

I like.

Also, because that means that somebody reads the goddamn stickies.

Also, fine gentleman/lady/thing, your avatar, I like a lot. Carcossa?

Re: The Hello Thread! - kerikion - 01-28-2013

Carcossa, yeah! Another favorite of mine...

A little weirdness spice up both your life and your D&D and Blackmoor is well served of that too :mrgreen:

Re: The Hello Thread! - Jackithegreen - 02-15-2013

Hello Blackmoor! So the name is Jack, howdedoo, and no I'm not a Blackmoor resident. But when I got into gaming back in '79 Blackmoor was the word. After 25 years I'm touching base with the rpg world again, and out of respect for Arneson this site gets my vote.

Re: The Hello Thread! - RobJN - 02-15-2013

Welcome aboard, Jack. Well met Smile

Re: The Hello Thread! - Havard - 02-15-2013

Jackithegreen Wrote:Hello Blackmoor! So the name is Jack, howdedoo, and no I'm not a Blackmoor resident. But when I got into gaming back in '79 Blackmoor was the word. After 25 years I'm touching base with the rpg world again, and out of respect for Arneson this site gets my vote.

Hey Jack! Welcome to the Comeback Inn!

Got any good stories from gaming back in the early days?

Are there any specific parts of Blackmoor that you are interested in these days?

Welcome back! Smile

-Havard

Re: The Hello Thread! - nowthenzen - 02-27-2013

I remember being a Junior in HS ('77?) sitting in the library while 2 guys played a D&D session with the white box:
"What's that?"
"D&D"
"What is it?"
"A game"
"How do you play?"
"Read the books"
I remember the blue basic and the supplements; hard cover AD&D, dungeon crawls, out door adventers, creating a town, the other towns and some silly stuff with wishes and character advancement.
Then we grew up.
But I still remember.

Re: The Hello Thread! - Havard - 02-28-2013

Hi Nowthenzen!

Welcome to The Comeback Inn!

Great story btw! Did you guys use the Blackmoor Supplement back then? Or The First Fantasy Campaign perhaps?

-Havard