** ARCHIVED FORUM - ANY CHANGES ARE REVERTED HOURLY **

It is currently Sep 19, 2024 6:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: JSA in the World of the Great Kingdom Campaign
PostPosted: Jun 22, 2019 11:00 pm 
Serf
Serf

In Africa, January 1950, the Justice Society of America unearth four ancient kings with great mystical powers -- great enough to put all nine JSA members present to sleep.

They wake up in a cave on a different world! As they start to explore the world outside, they find themselves in a canyon filled with a ruined city. An elf, named Melf, emerges from the shadows and reveals this is the Lost City of the Elders, and this is in the lands of the Great Kingdom.

Although there is initially mistrust on both sides, the Heroes all agree to sit and eat…

That's what's happened in the first week of our play-by-post campaign, here on Facebook. We currently have five people playing superheroes from Earth, but only one person playing a resident of Oerth so far (Melf is claimed).

This is not the Oerth most of us know, but the primordial, pre-1980 version that was only experienced by those playing the original Blackmoor, Greyhawk, and related campaigns in the 1970s.

We could use another player or two. We are not accepting original characters, but want to see established characters from the original campaigns get played again. Available are characters like: Bishop Carr, Mi-Kar, Baron Fant, Fletch the Ranger, King Funk I (orc), Wizard of the Woods, William of the Heath/The Blue Rider (paladin), Mello the Hobbit, Lortz the Dwarf, Robert the Bald, Oberstar the Dwarf, The Flying Monk, Grand Duke Svenny, Bozero, Nicholson the Merchant, Shortfellow (fighter), H.W. Dumbo (fighter/thief?), Prospector Gump, Penky Snork the Hunter, Tuny (fighter), Gester (animal trainer), Bakula (the Earl of Vestfold), Inspector General Snider, Gin of Salik, Marfeldt the Barbarian

Contact me, or comment here, if interested in playing, lurk, or just hear more…

Post subject: Re: JSA in the World of the Great Kingdom Campaign
PostPosted: Jun 23, 2019 1:58 am 
Duke
Duke

Sounds really interesting!

PostPosted: Jun 23, 2019 5:06 pm 
Lord of the Regency Council
Lord of the Regency Council

This sounds so incredibly fascinating! Please tell us more! :)

-Havard

PostPosted: Jun 23, 2019 6:23 pm 
Serf
Serf

This fits into All-Star Comics #50, when the JSA really did unearth four ancient kings and were put to sleep. In the comic book, they were put to sleep for a whole year, giving the Four Kings time to work on their diabolical plans. In this version, instead of just being asleep, the JSA are transported to another world for that year.

For this campaign, I wanted to do something with superheroes, but also take them back with me to D&D and the roots of the game I love. I considered Judges Guild's Wilderlands, having never used that, or the World of Greyhawk I'm most familiar with, but wanted to go back even further this time.

I've got the Rob Kuntz Archive DVD and some other Kalibruhn-related products. I have the Gygax/Kuntz Castle Zagyg book. I have The First Fantasy Campaign and the Blackmoor Supplement. I figure we'll just wing the rest...

PostPosted: Jun 23, 2019 8:26 pm 
Baronette
Baronette

since 1975

"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
- Dave Arneson