** ARCHIVED FORUM - ANY CHANGES ARE REVERTED HOURLY **

It is currently Sep 19, 2024 7:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Blackmoor game Session
PostPosted: Jun 16, 2013 9:19 pm 
Serf
Serf

So I figured I'd start a new thread. As mentioned in another we're running a game using OD&D via the Delving Deeper rules set. Our game initially started in the realms in an area known as the north. Near Waterdeep a vast frontier land. The realms is know for having different gates and portals that connect to different area's of the realms I also put a portal that would lead to Blackmoor.

I started it as a sandbox and gave my group a list of rumors, adventure hooks and told them you can use these or just trek out into the great wilderness to see what happens. They decided on following up on some rumors they had. This eventually led them to a hook that would point them to the gate I had set up. Not knowing whether they would ever investigate it, as I don't like running railroads. Well after several other adventures they did finally follow up. To make a long story short they ended up going through the gate not knowing what it was. One brave character stuck her hand in and then couldn't pull it out she slowly was getting pulled through one other tried to help and so on.

Well on the other side of the gate they ended up in what appeared to be a store room of some sort. There was a young boy there bringing down supplies who looked shocked to see them. He ran off, they followed and found themselves in some sort of inn. THis was the comeback inn.

After some talking with the locals they realized 1. they were in some other world and 2. they were not the only visitors from other worlds to come through. Soon they learned why it was called the comeback inn.

Last they did a bit more exploring of the town. I'm needing to head out and will post more on this later.

Post subject: Re: New Blackmoor game Session
PostPosted: Jun 29, 2013 11:00 am 
Lord of the Regency Council
Lord of the Regency Council

Awesome!

Not familiar with the Delving Deeper rules. Could you elaborate?

I love how these guys were getting sucked into the Portal.

Let us know how this game develops! :)

-havard

PostPosted: Jul 04, 2013 9:10 am 
Serf
Serf

The Delving Deeper rules are almost an exact rendition of the 74 rule set they are available
for free download. I use these as they a fill in some of the gaps I had filled in with house rules and written a bit clearer then the original rule set.

Plus they are free and I can legally download and hand out copies to my group for use.

http://www.rpgnow.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=4757

PostPosted: Dec 29, 2015 12:14 pm 
Duke
Duke

Any news on how this game progressed?