** ARCHIVED FORUM - ANY CHANGES ARE REVERTED HOURLY **

It is currently Sep 19, 2024 7:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tracy's HackMoor Campaign 2015/05/05
PostPosted: May 08, 2015 4:14 pm 
Lord
Lord

Again we had another extra large cheese pizza, with extra cheese. Because it was Cindo de Mayo, I had asked for a Chorizo and Cheddar pizza but they didn't have those ingredients.

Games are on Tuesdays sometime around 5:30PM at World's Best Comics, 9714 Warwick Blvd Newport News, Virginia 23601.

There was some inspiration from GreyHawk module WG9 this time, but not much. I may work out the results (a treaty) to fit with the start of WG9 if some other party of adventurers visit Boggy Bottom again.

PART 1.

++++ START OF SESSION ++++

While docked in the town of Boggy Bottom the party decided to take a liberty call. It was also Elefus home town, well not really, but it was the place of the orphanage where he grew up. The town was also previously nearly destroyed in a battle with the party and some Beholders, many adventures ago. Rahl was even friendly to the party back then.

Boggy Bottom has since been rebuilt with an unusual ornate architecture on the stonework.

In any case, I asked where each party member was going, Elefus, Numrendir, and Slade decided to go to Church. Kmaregh stayed aboard the ship. Huang and Honda went to the local Inn.

Church! What a surprise. It is almost as if Elefus had neglected attended services while adventuring. So the first thing I asked of the attendees were their tithes and offerings. Slade while relatively poor, put in a couple of gold pieces, Numrendir put in ten percent of all his gold, finally Elefus whose value is in the millions put in a paltry 200 gold piece gem. Slade and Numrendir have their reward, they even donated they gave to a Gawd they didn't even worship.

Something in the back of my mind struck me as wrong with Elefus' offering, not only has he been neglectful of his regular tithes, but he puts a pittance to his own Gawd.

"Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, 'Wherein have we robbed thee?' In tithes and offerings."

I think Elefus will have something to answer for later on.

Meanwhile seated in the back of the congregation, Slade (the Bounty Hunter) was approached by the Town Constable with a job offer. Slade's reputation apparently preceded him. "It seems there have been some late-night burglaries recently and there is a recent crime scene the Constable would like him investigate. So after services, Slade, Elefus, and Numrendir are taken to the Mayor's mansion where some petty jewelry has been from the Mayor's wife boudoir. The crime scene was described as having a locked door, an open window, missing jewelry, and a four clawed impression on the carpet. Looking outside the window, there were no handholds to the upper floor to the well patrolled (even at night) street below.

The Constable also informs them of missing commodities from the warehouse next to the dock.

They make it back to the Inn and advise Huang and Honda of the situation. Huang and Honda decide to go the to the warehouse and evaluate the situation. Finding nothing amiss with security, except a perpetually open skylight. They offer their services (and some of the ship's crew) as 24 by 7 watchmen. Huang and Honda took the late night shift.

Meanwhile Numrendir also checked into the Inn and Elefus stayed the night at Church as a guest of the Church (free of charge).

++++ During the Night ++++

Nothing occurred that night in the town except at Church, where Elefus heard a noise outside and activated a Giant Hornet (created previously with a spell) and sent it out to investigate. It wasn't heard from again. Elefus went back to his beauty sleep.

At the warehouse, nothing happened.

++++ Next Day ++++

Elefus came out from Church the next day only to find his big bug squashed on top of the roof. With nothing further to be done he decided to visit his former orphanage, only to find it had burnt to the ground but at a later date than the general destruction mentioned earlier. Although he learned the former orphans were adopted into the general population.

The others woke up from their night at the Inn, Huang & Honda clocked out and went in for a Continental Breakfast. Upon entering daylight outside, I had them all roll to see if they noticed something. The roll was marginal, so I told them they noticed something odd about the architecture , but couldn't put their finger on it. So they walked about town to City Hall and checked the records on the reconstruction contracts only to find the stone was quarried in the hilly region called The Badlands to the South, by a contractor from the Empire, namely Iron Duke Enterprises, Ltd.

Elefus and party went out again and took a long hard look at all the buildings, and noticed there were a dozen gargoyles atop each major building. Elefus then went back to City Hall and purchased one of the Gargoyles from the City Clerk and pushed it off the top of City Hall and smashed it.

GM's Note: I originally used cartoon versions of Gargoyles which meant they were stone during daylight hours. But actually they just pretend to be stone and can be active during the sunlight but rather unpleasantly, they'd rather be sunbathing and taking it easy. So I had to modify my plans that the City Hall Gargoyles were Gargoyle Lords, which do turn to stone in the sunlight and crumble into dust. I had to further rule Gargoyle Lords were also treated with a stone sealant to prevent crumbling. and chose "Impregnator Pro(TM)". [There are other stone sealants such as StoneTech(TM) or BulletProof(TM), but with a name like Impregnator Pro(TM), I couldn't resist.]

The regular Gargoyles, atop the other nine buildings all turned their heads.

Elefus in turn smashed the other eleven Gargoyle Lords atop City Hall.

The other Gargoyles, atop the other nine buildings all raised one elbow to their chin and started scratching.

The party assumed there will be an attack during the Gargoyle's comfortable time of darkness, the party retreated to the Inn and Elefus, Slade, including the Constable to the Church to await the expected battle. With a dozen Gargoyles per building and nine buildings, meant there were going to fight to be 108 Gargoyles.

Elefus had the feeling he was being watched all the way into Church. As a precaution he looked about for more local fauna and cast a Giant Insect spell on 3 more Hornets.

I asked the party if they had any knowledge of Gargoyle combat, since they had cut an agreement before with some other Gargoyles with Snizzlephish. They remembered they required +1 magic weapons to be hit. Not having a magical weapon, Slade asked the town Constable if it had a spare? Since the constable had a perfectly good +2 sword, Constable loaned him his +1 night stick.

As soon as it got dark, Numrendir went to the Inn's 2nd floor fire escape and cast a Phantasmal Fireball at the first dozen incoming Gargoyles flying over to the Church (were Elefus was). None of them were killed but some took major damage.

I mentioned up until that time the party had no true idea of the Gargoyle's intent. For all they knew, the Gargoyles were going to congratulate Elefus for eliminating their Gargoyle Lord union bosses.

But Numrendir's attack made it moot.

At this point I called the game for the night and took a photo of the town's layout to resume next week.

++++ OUT OF CHEESE ERROR ++++

BT

BBBB

PART 2.

++++ CHARACTER ROSTER ++++

CHARACTERS
Count Elefus, Human Male Abbot
Sir Weasel, Human Guild Soldier, Enchanter, & Champion (Not present).
Sir Kmaregh Dismal, Human Thaumaturgist (Bad Karma)
Sir Huang - Master Monk of the Stone Tiger Order
Dame Honda - Human Datai Samurai
Numrendir - Human Orderer (7th level Conjuror)
Slade Wilson - Dwarven Professional (4th level Bounty Hunter)

NPCs:
Nine Pilgrim Henchmen with swords of various levels. (Not present.)

CAPTURED CHARACTERS
Junkbot Jackson - Tracker/Adept
Gerry Castagere, Human Fingersmith, and ever loving devotee of Elefus
Fundisha - Half-Elf Swordsperson

BT

BBBB

PART 3.

++++ RECORD KEEPING ++++

This missive is also posted on two forums and one blog:

viewforum.php?f=76
http://www.furiouslyeclectic.com/forum/ ... php?fid=13
http://furiouslyeclectic.com/hackmoor