** ARCHIVED FORUM - ANY CHANGES ARE REVERTED HOURLY **

It is currently Sep 19, 2024 7:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tracy's HackMoor Side Campaign 2013/05/12 for Snizzlephish
PostPosted: May 13, 2013 1:05 am 
Lord
Lord

If you recall the Campaign for 2013/0430, Snizzlephish dropped off Elefus and left with the Dragon for parts unknown. What Snizzlephish did was make an arrangement with the Wyrm to take him to Rahl's lair. Since this player is now apart from the rest of the Party, it is now a SIDE campaign and will be conducted via eMail. As we all know, for Players to go off on their own is usually suicidal for their character, but I won't tell the Player.

On game nights however, this Player will be the GM's assistant, since he is not part of the group.

In any case what follows including the illustration, is the first eMail I sent to the Player on his 'side' campaign:

------

After 10 hours of flying, you and the Dragon land.

(Yes you get 10 more rolls to improve your Skill of Dragon Speak. For each roll you either need 1 to 5 on a 100 sided die, or a 1 on a 20 sided die. Upon a successful roll, roll a 2 sided die. A 1 is an improvement of 1 percent, a 2 is an improvement of 2 percent on the skill.)

The Dragon drops you off outside the fortress below. He tells you beneath this mountain it was his ancestral home. The fortress outside has been occupied for hundreds of years by various, kings, governments, thieves, cults, and lately, Rahl. I usually leave the occupants alone and they leave me alone in our mutual relationship, when I go hunting, I go raid elsewhere. But Rahl has got on my nerves because he wants to control both the fortress AND my lair AND my brothers AND me.

The town inside the fortress is occupied by humans and halflings of either Neutral, Lawful Evil or Chaotic Evil types. Even though the fortress flies the Barbarian flag and there are Barbarian soldiers, everyone knows Rahl really runs the town. While many are loyal to Rahl, there are those inside who would like to kick out the Barbarians and return it to a thieves den, there are those who would simply like to kick out Rahl, and there are those who would like to do both. There are also those who would like to bring back the cult.

Your job, should you decide to accept it, is to steal the Orb of the Wyrm from Rahl and return it to the Dragon Committee.

By the way, the mesa behind the fortress is called Mount Deception.

Fortress.jpg

NNNN