** ARCHIVED FORUM - ANY CHANGES ARE REVERTED HOURLY **

It is currently Sep 19, 2024 5:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: HackMoor 2018/03/22 Down to Level Ten
PostPosted: Mar 27, 2018 11:12 pm 
Lord
Lord

Games are (usually) on Thursday nights sometime after 6:30PM at World's Best Comics, 9714 Warwick Blvd Newport News, Virginia 23601.

Back to the usual, a meat-lovers pizza with the pepperoni removed and Philly-cheese steak substituted.

​PART 1.

++++ START OF SESSION ++++

The party had just accepted the surrender of the surviving two of four Goblins. They were about to attack Goblin El Jefe inside the next room when they were annoyed by the Priestess of Id raising up the Goblin dead and healing the surviving Goblin's wounds.

"Tsk tsk, we can't leave just a mess like THAT around," she said, "it will bring down property values, and show up on Neighborhood Watch reports. Besides, our new Order of the Lawful Good aspect of Id needs new converts, don't they?"

As she thus spoke her eyes glowed again blue, the four Goblins nodded in agreement.

Cheerily the Goblin guards opened the double doors to the next room, introducing "Sir Huang, Baronet of Catan!" (formerly Temple of the Frog and environs. I should have also added he was announced in the manner of Helga, in "'Allo 'Allo".)

The party interrupted El Jefe's evening meal, consisting of very large flies, served on a platter by relatively cute goblin wenches. (Now why the flies just don't fly away? My guess is they're just too fat to fly.) The wings were pulled off just before El Jefe ate them, a Goblin delicacy.

As they come in El Jefe says "WELCOME Sir Huang!", as his eyes glow a bright azure. In another pleasantry he addresses the Priestess of Id, "Greetings your Holiness, how long has it been, a week? What can I do for you all?"

Gnomex, getting to the point whispers to Sir Huang about directions to the next level down.

Therfore Huang as if prompted, asks: "Which way down to the next level?"

"No problem Sir!" says El Jefe, "My guards will see you down."

"Former guards." Interrupts the Priestess. "They just joined the new Lawful Good Order of the Temple of ID."

"No matter." says El Jefe, "We're Goblins, we'll make more!" As he grabs one of the Goblin show girls and winks.

As they leave, a good-bye shout is heard from El Jefe's hall, "For the glory of ID!"

"For the glory of ID!" Replied the former Goblin guards.

So the Party is accompanied by the Cultists (the High Priestess, a few other priests and guards) You can almost say they follow the Party out of morbid curiosity. Thus, avoiding most of the pitfalls of Level Nine, the party is led past a few twists and turns and reach trap door in a nondescript room. They take the steps going down.

GM's Note: I must have missed something, as my eyes on the map wandered. When I put them on leve ten, I accidentally shifted the party a bit and they found themselves in a hallway with a door. I can rectify that next session or just leave them where they are. In any case it was just a door in the hallway.

With a bloody greasy door handle.

The party detected no traps, notwithstanding they didn't want to touch the bloody door handle. (Which is strangely odd, considering the wild abandon the Players grab pizza slices with unwashen hands.) So they asked the new Goblin members of the Lawful Good Holy Order of ID to do it.

After they opened the door, as if it sadness could ever overcome Goblins, they burst into tears. Inside were a baker's dozen dead Goblins. All friends and acquaintances.

They vowed revenge.

As if on cue, what came strolling down the hall but the biggest baddest Orc the party had ever seen, wearing a banded mail and a large floppy hat with a feather, circa late 16th century.

Omitting most details, a challenge was issued, centered on Aerys for some reason (probably as the new Grand Master of the LG Order of ID,) and was answered. Since Aerys was female, Huang was designated as her Champion. (Or was it Gnomex? I've had a couple beers as of this writing.) In any case the Orc was defeated and the Goblin rage was assuaged as it were.

++++ OUT OF CHEESE ERROR ++++

BT

BBBB

PART 2.

++++ CHARACTER ROSTER ++++

CHARACTERS
Grok the Dwarf, a third level ​WitchRanger​ (Battlemage subclass of Magic User).
Aerys, an Elvariel, a Fingersmith (Thief class).
Baronet Huang - a Master of the West Wind of the Stone Tiger Order, (Monk class).
Numrendir - a human Conjurist (a Conjuror, Magic User subclass)
Junkbot Jackson - a human Tracker/Friar (a Ranger 5th and Cleric 6th level).

NPCs/Proteges:
Baronetess Honda - a Human Datai Samurai, Steward of Catan (formerly Temple of the Frog)
Gnomex, a Gnome ​Adept​ of Geardal Ironhand (Cleric class.)
Tanzen - a Fae-Born first level Exciter. (Fourth level Invoker, a Magic User subclass).
Fundisha - a half-Elf Swordsperson/Tout (Fighter and Infiltrator, a Thief subclass).

CAPTURED CHARACTERS (both PCs and NPCs)
Gerry Castagere, human Fingersmith, (Thief class) and ever loving devotee of Elefus, abandoned to the Blood Cult in the City of Brass on the Plane of Fire.

MISSING​/OFFLNE/RETIRED​ CHARACTERS
​Felipe the Dwarf, a third level Sigil (Chosen One subclass of Cleric).
​Jacko, an Albino Dork Elf, a Master Espion (Infiltrator, subclass of Thief).
Serena 2.0 - First Level Battle Mage​ Second​ (a Protege of Jacko). ​
Sir Weasel, human Guild Soldier, Warlock, & Champion (Thief, Magic User, & Fighter classes) he stayed back in BlackMoor.
- and nine Pilgrim henchmen of various levels. (They wear hoodies.)
Slade Wilson - Dwarven Professional (a Bounty Hunter, Fighter subclass) Left behind at Catan.

BT

BBBB

++++ RECORD KEEPING ++++

PART 3.

This is also posted on three forums, and a blog.
viewforum.php?f=76
http://www.furiouslyeclectic.com/forum/f...php?fid=13
http://www.kenzerco.com/forums/forumdisp...ster-Tales
http://furiouslyeclectic.com/hackmoor/

NNNN