** ARCHIVED FORUM - ANY CHANGES ARE REVERTED HOURLY **

It is currently Sep 19, 2024 8:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tracy's HackMoor Campaign 2015/08/25
PostPosted: Aug 29, 2015 9:04 pm 
Lord
Lord

This time we had a Chicken pizza.

Games are on Tuesdays sometime around 5:30PM at World's Best Comics, 9714 Warwick Blvd Newport News, Virginia 23601.

PART 1.

++++ START OF SESSION ++++

Our disingenuous party traversed the pathway to the City of Dis amid the forest of hot iron pillars that encroached ever closer and closer to the path until they suddenly found themselves within the crowded city.

Not looking back they were shortly accosted by the leader of a work crew, falsely accusing Numrendir of "attempting to escape". Whereupon the party immediately held up their "green cards" and vouched for him.

Moving along the hot iron pavement their footwear had to make saving throws and Huang & Honda's shoes caught fire. Huang attempted to change shoes with another pair in her backpack (although I was at a loss to understand how that could be accomplished while standing one flaming foot then attempting to put on the other since there are no safe benches to sit on).

For a brief explanation of the city environment, the City of Dis both streets and buildings are made entirely out of smoldering hot iron which causes an eight sided die of damage to exposed flesh. Sections of the city are continuously being torn down and reassembled by the damned, who perform this work entirely with their bare hands. So the "clang" of hot iron being slammed against another block of iron at regular intervals is punctuated by the frequent screams of "Aaaaaaaaaa! Aaaaa! Aaaaaahhhgh!"

Meanwhile the party decided to duck into a hotel that catered to "visitors". (Huang & Honda also chose this option thus negating my next question about shoe changing operations.) The party found the floor covered and walls with hides of devils, hides that can withstand the heat. There is some doubt whether the hides are from devils that had been slain on their own plain or simply those that have molted and sold their hide. Given that Hell is constantly at war with denizens of the Abyss or that lower level devils are easily executed for minor crimes against the state it is usually a foregone conclusion. There are establishments that advertise their floor and wall coverings are not "conflict hides" but they are few and far between. (This hotel was not one of them.)

The party asked the human-looking Concierge about replacement shoes and was greeted by a friendly "Of course!" "We cater to folks just like you. I have these Red Dragon hide shoes here for a mere one hundred gold, EACH."

"We'll take them." Said the party.

That being said, half the party had soft leather shoes. Some of which did not catch fire. Those with hard leather or magical footwear need not have worried. Further questioning was forthcoming, the party asked the Concierge about their situation, such as:

1. "Why do devils keep popping up when I perform my Augury spell? Asked Elefus.

2. "Why do my Conjured monsters sometimes attack?" Asked Numrendir.

3. "Why do my Cure Wound spells sometimes fail?" Asked Elefus.

To which he replied: "May I direct your questions to our Visitors Guide and Tourist Information pamphlet?" As he deftly pointed his well manicured fingers to the obvious blood-inscribed vellum booklets on the counter.

To wit, don't forget this is Hell. Divination spells (such as Augury) are attempts to contact your Deity. Therefore Hell's divination metadata collection program run by its Nefarious Surveillance Agency (NSA) knows which other plane you are contacting and which Gawd. Although without a court order it doesn't know what information you're getting, NSA pinpoints your location and sends its Fiendish Binding Investigators (FBI) to kill or capture any perpetrators. Conjuration spells also require a binding ceremony or else whatever what conjured won't like that it was summoned to Hell may revolt and attack it's conjuror. Next any Healing spells are in opposition to the very nature of Hell and require extra effort. Likewise any reversed Healing spells (Cause Damage) are cast as if one level higher.

Armed with that information the party booked a room for a rest period.

++++ OUT OF CHEESE ERROR ++++

BT

BBBB

PART 2.

++++ CHARACTER ROSTER ++++

CHARACTERS
Count Elefus, Human Male Abbot
Sir Huang - Superior Master Monk of the Stone Tiger Order
Dame Honda - Human Datai Samurai
Numrendir - Human Ensorceler
Slade Wilson - Dwarven Professional
Twitch - Human Treasure Hunter
Gargoyle - Elefus's sidekick.

MISSING or CAPTURED CHARACTERS (PCs or NPCs)
Junkbot Jackson - Tracker/Adept
Gerry Castagere, Human Fingersmith, and ever loving devotee of Elefus
Fundisha - Half-Elf Swordsperson
Sir Weasel, Human Guild Soldier, Enchanter, & Champion (Stayed behind in Blackmoor).
Nine Pilgrim Henchmen of various levels. (Left back in Blackmoor with Weasel.)

BT

BBBB

PART 3.

++++ RECORD KEEPING ++++

This missive is also posted on two forums and one blog:
viewforum.php?f=76
http://www.furiouslyeclectic.com/forum/ ... php?fid=13
http://furiouslyeclectic.com/hackmoor

Tracy Johnson
BT

NNNN

NNNN