** ARCHIVED FORUM - ANY CHANGES ARE REVERTED HOURLY **

It is currently Sep 19, 2024 7:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tracy's HackMoor Campaign 2015/05/12
PostPosted: May 17, 2015 7:55 pm 
Lord
Lord

This time we had a meat lover's pizza sans pepperoni, because one of the player's won't eat it.

Games are on Tuesdays sometime around 5:30PM at World's Best Comics, 9714 Warwick Blvd Newport News, Virginia 23601.

PART 1.

++++ START OF SESSION ++++

This time we had nothing but battle versus Gargoyles, I added one modification (since friendliness was moot). I changed every 12th Gargoyle atop each rooftop to a Gargoyle Lord. The fact that Elefus killed 13 Gargoyle Lords previously was a lucky accident as I deemed the Gargoyle senior leadership congregated on the Church. (If he had picked any other building they would have been regular Gargoyles.)

With every battle round I moved four Gargoyles from the rear of their troop and placed them at the beginning. This saved me the trouble of having to move all twelve of each troop.

Preconditions: Elefus and Huang hasted themselves for ten melee rounds (which meant they got aged for another year, Happy Birthday!) Elefus cast Strength of Stone on Slade thus increasing his strength to eighteen, adding three to his hit probability and damage increased by six for sixteen rounds.

Elefus, Slade and the town constable were in the church's bell tower. Numrendir, Huang & Honda, and eighty percent of the ship's crew were at the Dead Roof Inn. Twitch & Kmaregh and twenty percent of the crew were aboard ship and not affected by the battle. (Twitch had not been there awhile so I had to judge he had been below deck aboard ship for the past several gaming sessions.)

Rather than go round by round, I'll just list some of the highlights.

Slade fumbled on round 2 causing himself damage but a card was played avoiding it entirely, he only dropped his weapon.

Numrendir cast Spectral Forces in the vicinity of the inn he was staying with the illusion of a hurricane, causing any Gargoyle to believe to take two eight-sided dice of damage. He effectively cleaned out most Gargoyles in the inn looking for him except the Gargoyle Lord.

Huang & Honda emerged from their room at the inn to fight the remaining Gargoyles until the realization that Gargoyle Lords need a plus two magical weapon to hit regular Gargoyles need a plus one magical weapon to hit. Honda, realizing all plus two weapons were aboard ship made a beeline towards the ship. She was still enroute when the game was called. Huang stayed behind, not having magical weapons remains a mystery.

On the last round (sixth) Slade, attempting to avoid further damage slid down the bell rope from the tower. To make the description more interesting I ruled that he also crashed through one of the tower windows and was now hanging on the side incognito like Red Buttons in the movie "The Longest Day".

More photos were taken of the tabletop to facilitate set up for next week and we called it a night.

++++ OUT OF CHEESE ERROR ++++

BT

BBBB

PART 2.

++++ CHARACTER ROSTER ++++

CHARACTERS
Count Elefus, Human Male Abbot
Sir Weasel, Human Guild Soldier, Enchanter, & Champion (Not present).
Sir Kmaregh Dismal, Human Thaumaturgist (Bad Karma)
Sir Huang - Master Monk of the Stone Tiger Order
Dame Honda - Human Datai Samurai
Numrendir - Human Orderer (7th level Conjuror)
Slade Wilson - Dwarven Professional (4th level Bounty Hunter)
Twitch - Human Larcenist, (Returned from the retired list.)

NPCs:
Nine Pilgrim Henchmen with swords of various levels. (Not present.)

CAPTURED CHARACTERS
Junkbot Jackson - Tracker/Adept
Gerry Castagere, Human Fingersmith, and ever loving devotee of Elefus
Fundisha - Half-Elf Swordsperson

BT

BBBB

PART 3.

++++ RECORD KEEPING ++++

This missive is also posted on two forums and one blog:
viewforum.php?f=76
http://www.furiouslyeclectic.com/forum/ ... php?fid=13
http://furiouslyeclectic.com/hackmoor