** ARCHIVED FORUM - ANY CHANGES ARE REVERTED HOURLY **

It is currently Sep 19, 2024 5:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tracy's HackMoor Campaign 2015/03/24
PostPosted: Mar 29, 2015 12:06 am 
Lord
Lord

This time we had a large combo pizza sans pepperoni substituting black olives.

Games are on Tuesdays sometime after 5PM at World's Best Comics, 9714 Warwick Blvd Newport News, Virginia 23601.

++++ START OF SESSION ++++

A few days later they made landfall on the east bank of the Firefrost channel north of the Cimieras Hills and the Goblin Hills. This is west of the Egg of Coot and separated by the Sturgeon channel. Besides they wanted to avoid any Cooters.

We last left our party at landfall off the Firefrost channel. I concluded they camped for the night. Next day however a card was played and Elefus was saddled with a migraine for the entire day. AND with the luck of the dice, they had a hostile encounter.

They were approached by Pseudo-Spectres. They're like Goth Tweens above the legal limit who prefer to hang out in dimly lit dance clubs. Lacking the level draining power of the real undead Spectres, they rely on an acquired semi-transparency to waylay travelers with swords hidden and strapped to their backs, making the kill when they get close. They approached in broad daylight (which should have been their first clue) making a low "Woooooo, wooooo..." sound.

Unfortunately for our Spectre wanna-bes, they ran into a more powerful than average adventuring party. Since Elefus was unable to assist due to his headache, the party was unable to determine if they were truly undead or not, so they had to take the risk of regular fight.

Huang suffering from the effects of "Bad Karma", had to break the cap on his honor score by attempting "a dramatically heroic act". Therefore he bounded to the forefront of the party to "protect" them, attacking the lead "Spectre" with his bare fists. Which if you think about it, making physical contact with a "real" Spectre would have drained him two levels.

Twitch (the new guy) on the other hand fled the scene the first round, recovering his courage to return the next.

Other ambulatory party members then got into the act and they slew these guys after a few rounds, despite the attempts by Bane to subdue one and take a prisoner.

Then party then traveled by foot for two days and came to a village in the foothills made up entirely of Half-Orcs who had been converted to the Finnish Gawddess Mielikki, and were actually Neutral Good in alignment.

However Elefus the Cleric had the character flaw of "Enmity to Half-Orcs".

GM's Note: This turned out to be a interesting highlight to the Party's travels. I had inscribed over THIRTY-FIVE YEARS EARLIER in my Judges Guild: "Village Book I" this location on the BlackMoor Map a randomly rolled up Village of Half-Orcs, led by an 8th Level Ranger of Neutral Good alignment. (There had to be a reason for that, so I made them all convert's to the Ranger's religion.) Who would have known one of my Player's would run into this village 35 years later with such a character flaw? To quote George Peppard: "I love it when a plan comes together."

In any case, Elefus had the Party in order to avoid unnecessary bloodshed, decided to bypass the village.

Weasel on the other hand turned invisible, and with his Robe of Blending went into town. Entering the nearest barber shop he gathered some hairs and cast "A Day In the Life" spell, effectively becoming a Half-Orc for 24 hours. What he did there was recruit 7 Half-Orcs as his Henchmen for the next adventure. He told them to make double-time around the bend in the road and go ahead of the party to meet them in two days. Oh and by the way, they must be dressed as Pilgrims with heavy cowls so as to not disturb Elefus' sensibilities and in no manner are they to reveal themselves.

(Elefus wasn't told of course.)

GM's Note: After the session I went shopping in the brick and mortar store where we game and l found a set of Lord of the Rings miniatures for the nine Nazgul in their hunt-for-Frodo mode, of course they are all wearing top to bottom cowled cloaks. Although I only need 7 of 9*, they will make perfect henchmen for Weasel.

* No Star Trek Voyager reference intended.

++++ OUT OF CHEESE ERROR ++++

BT

BBBB

++++ CHARACTER ROSTER ++++

PLAYERS

Count Elefus, Human Male Deacon
Sir Weasel, Human Guild Soldier, Enchanter, & Myrmidon
Sir Kmaregh Dismal, Human Thaumaturgist
Sir Huang - Master Monk of the Stone Tiger Order
Dame Honda - Human Samurai Bushi
Numrendir - Human Coercer
Bane - Human Hero
Twitch - Human Larcenist

NPCs:

Seven Half-Orcs of various classes (to be decided).

MISSING CHARACTERS (captured)

Junkbot Jackson - Tracker/Adept
Gerry Castagere, Human Fingersmith, and ever loving devotee of Elefus
Fundisha - Half-Elf Swordsperson

NNNN