** ARCHIVED FORUM - ANY CHANGES ARE REVERTED HOURLY **

It is currently Sep 19, 2024 7:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tracy's HackMoor Campaign 2015/03/03
PostPosted: Mar 16, 2015 4:15 pm 
Lord
Lord

It has been so many days I forgot what kind of pizza we had.

Games are on Tuesdays sometime after 5PM at World's Best Comics, 9714 Warwick Blvd Newport News, Virginia 23601.

++++ START OF SESSION ++++

Again the time since we played has been so long I need to keep it short since I can't remember all the details.

With the demise of Slim last session the party decided to investigate. With the noise clue left by last session of "Snickety Snack" only the oldest Player got it and he refrained from most action and recused himself. Insofar as the players ended up fighting a Lewis Carroll style Vile Jabberwock. (I should have added a Bandersnatch, but HackMaster does not have such a creature in the manual.) The creature was not easily defeated but nevertheless it was so.

Next they met some refugees a few miles outside of the capital city of the Duchy of the Peaks, Starport. Nothing of any consequence happened there.

Since it took so long to defeat the Jabberwock. I offered to the Players the option of skipping the intervening encounters to defeat the final encounter at Starport.

Which turned out to be a Quadrielemental demon. A creature where each limb is made of earth, air, fire, and water, can cast a fireball every four rounds up to 90 yards, an earthquake every 4 hours, a rainstorm every 4 days, and an Invisible Stalker every 4 weeks. (Since the party opted to to skip the intervening encounters, so was the Invisible Stalker.) Since this was a tactical situation, only the fireball aspect was needed.

The party decided to do this smartly. All the heavily armored or defensible members were put in the vanguard and everyone else were sent to the flanks.

First thing they attempted were to use their advanced alien techno-blasters at the highest setting. Weach meant automatic destruction in a 6 foot cube. These weapons only had a effective range of 150 feet, and the fireballs at 90 yards well, you do the math. At a party speed of 18 feet per round, this meant the demon got at least two fireballs at the advancing party before they could fire a shot. So yes, they all took damage.

When the Vanguard got in range of their weapons, it took a couple of shots to defeat it. Due to the extra-planar nature of the creature, I ruled the weapon had to get a head shot on an X, Y axis. The first shot destroyed some of the creature's body, but they got it on the second shot.

Boo Gah disappeared.

++++ END OF ADVENTURE ++++
BT

BBBB
++++ DEBRIEFING ++++

Since it didn't matter, I informed the Party of some of the particulars.

Boo Gah was an "Incessant Babbler" sent by the Chaos Gawds to "help" the party, insofar as they were chaotic. It turns out the Gawds were partly to blame for the appearance of the Quadrielemental Demon. The Demon was a construct from the four Elemental Planes based on a deal they made with Zaraffin the Mage. So Boo Gah was the Gawd's effort to cover up their tracks.

Of note, any everyone loses 2 Honor points for every day a party or group is accompanied by an Incessant Babbler.

You will recall there were two Boo Gahs. The first one was killed at the Dopple-Meister bridge. The normal rule for this creature is if a someone kills an Incessant Babbler, they are cursed with a penalty of four to all their die rolls. I liberally applied this penalty to the whole party, although no one party member actually killed the first Boo Gah, they LET him get killed due to their incompetence.

Fortunately the second Boo Gah wasn't killed enroute causing a second penalty.

Since getting the party to the demon was Boo Gah's purpose, the Gawds of Chaos recalled him.

The Party needs to decide what to do next. They are faced with several things they may or may not want to do:

1) Remove the four penalty curse to all die rolls.

2) Clean up the earthquake destroyed town of Starport.

3) Find a portal to the Elemental Plane of Fire to rescue Junkbot Jackson, Fundisha, and Gerry Castagere.

4) Continue to find the Freedom Bells and the arcane ceremony thereof to rid the Duchy of Ten of the Barbarian occupation.

5) Head back to Vestfold or Blackmoor to recuperate.

If you recall near the beginning of their delving into the dungeon, all party members were relieved of their most important magic item of worth. I disclosed (as part of debriefing) that these items were taken by a Demonic Filch Imp. The most notable item taken was Elefus' Artifact Tooth of Matea-Kar that let him teleport twice a day at will. Meaning the party will have to find other modes of travel.

++++ OUT OF CHEESE ERROR ++++
BT

BBBB
++++ CHARACTER ROSTER ++++

PLAYERS
Count Elefus, Human Male Deacon
Sir Weasel, Human Guild Soldier, Enchanter, & Myrmidon
Sir Kmaregh Dismal, Human Thaumaturgist
Sir Huang - Master Monk of the Stone Tiger Order
Dame Honda - Human Samurai Bushi
Numrendir - Human Coercer
Bane - Human Hero (Fighter, resurrected).

NPCs:
Boo Gah, and old man sent by the Gawds, Recalled.

MISSING CHARACTERS (captured)
Junkbot Jackson - Tracker/Adept
Gerry Castagere, Human Fingersmith, and ever loving devotee of Elefus
Fundisha - Half-Elf Swordsperson

NNNN