** ARCHIVED FORUM - ANY CHANGES ARE REVERTED HOURLY **

It is currently Sep 19, 2024 6:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tracy's HackMoor Campaign 2015/07/28
PostPosted: Aug 04, 2015 5:31 pm 
Lord
Lord

Games are on Tuesdays sometime around 5:30PM at World's Best Comics, 9714 Warwick Blvd Newport News, Virginia 23601.

PART 1.

++++ START OF SESSION ++++

Elefus, having purchased several expensive Magic Items from the BlackMoor Univeristy Student Store* was about to do a Word of Recall spell to send himself back when lo and behold, the Character Twitch makes his reappearance. If you recall, Twitch and Kmaregh made off with Honda's ship and the Party had to get a new one (it just so happened one was on order from the year before and it was delivered JIT).

Twitch made his apologies, saying he was a Thief in any case and the boat was too tempting to resist. Besides he had a falling out with Kmaregh who now has the ship, and is probably sipping Daquiri's on some warm climate beach. Elefus was glad to have him, since the party didn't have a Thief, beside he didn't steal Elefus' ship, so Twitch didn't have to answer to him. Giving a BIG hug to Elefus during the middle of his Word of Recall, they both arrive back at the Temple of the Frog where Honda beat Twitch within two hit points of his life, necessitating Elefus to heal him up.

Per last session, having done their research on the "Freedom Bells" and "Vy'et Naaaam", and establishing their base transmitter station the Party determined to make a run past the Barbarian held towns South of the Duchy of Ten. So they set sail...

As GameMaster's luck would have it, and most Player's well know that encounters are rolled for three times during each day, (sometimes more, depending on Terrain). I rolled an encounter their first morning on the water.

They were approached by a cowled figure poling his skiff along the path of their ship. As they got closer they noticed his hands were mere bones. They didn't need to bother looking under his cowl, (which I had to rephrase as "hoodie" so one of the players could understand). Upon final approach the figure raised up one bony arm and made a beckoning motion.

The Players needed no further urging and decided to avoid the encounter and simply sailed past the skiff. Numrendir on the other hand decided to toss a coin into the boat and the figure merely waved as it picked up the coin. Huang & Honda then had a change of heart and told the Captain to turn about, even though it be a difficult tack against the prevailing wind. The Captain suggested it would be easier to drop anchor and wait for the boatman approach again. And it was so.

When the bony boatman approached again for some inexplicable reason the Party one by one entered the boat and each gave the boatman coins. As each party member entered the boat a previously prone skeleton lying on the bottom of the boat sat on the planking and took up an oar until there were four oarsmen. Additional Party members also got on the boat, as well as Elefus' sidekick Gargoyle. Once aboard, Huang told the Captain to go back to Frog Town and await their return. (Apparently they thought they wouldn't be going far on a rowboat.)

As you'd expect they were rowed into a fog bank and in just a few short hours it became dark, even though it should have been noon. They as they drew alongside the far shore, they noticed unworldly creatures skithering along the bank. Then they finally pulled up to a dock where an Imp grabbed a tossed rope and secured it to the bollards.

Disembarking the skiff the party moved along the clearly marked wide path with painted with rocks on either side. They barely could see more creatures moving in the darkness until one of them, a big ugly insectoid creature comes up to them and gives them dire warning.

"DO NOT LEAVE THE PATH OR YOU WILL BE EATEN! This is your only fair (and legal) warning."

"Fair enough," Huang responds, "Where are we?"

"YOU'RE ON THE PATH!"

"Yes but, ... what world are we on and where does the path lead?"

"THAT WILL COST EXTRA!"

They pull out a a couple gems and hand them over. The creature puts one in a pouch and the other in its mouth and starts chewing and blowing bubbles. "YOU'RE IN HELL and this is the path to the City of Dis! (Not Dat.)"

The party commiserated for awhile. Expressing slight disappointment this wasn't the Plane of Fire where Gerry, Fundisha, and Junkbot were taken by the Efreeti.

The creature, seeing a possible advantage, volunteered, "EFREET?, we have Efreet. They have timeshares in Dis. To find them you'll need a guide. Although not myself, I'm beneath that, but I have minions. I can rent you a minion."

OK, but can we ask personal questions? Sensing the inevitable, the party holds out a small bag of gems. (For both the minion and the questions.)

"ASSORTED FLAVORS! Not a problem, whad'ya want to know?"

"What's your name?" the party asked in unison.

"It's not my policy to give you that, but you can call me Dave."

O.K. but tell us. You look like the kind of Devil that inhabits the cold layer Hell, what are you doing here?"

"Every few hundred years, I come here to molt. By the way here's you're guide. See ya around." Dave then puts a claw to its mandibles and whistles. Like anxious puppy dawg. a Spiny Devil galumped in front of the path wagging its spiny tail ready to lead the party.

++++ OUT OF CHEESE ERROR ++++

BT

BBBB

PART 2.

++++ CHARACTER ROSTER ++++

CHARACTERS
Count Elefus, Human Male Abbot
Sir Huang - Superior Master Monk of the Stone Tiger Order
Dame Honda - Human Datai Samurai
Numrendir - Human Ensorceler
Slade Wilson - Dwarven Professional
Twitch - Human Treasure Hunter

MISSING or CAPTURED CHARACTERS (PCs or NPCs)

Junkbot Jackson - Tracker/Adept
Gerry Castagere, Human Fingersmith, and ever loving devotee of Elefus
Fundisha - Half-Elf Swordsperson
Sir Weasel, Human Guild Soldier, Enchanter, & Champion (Stayed behind in Blackmoor).
Nine Pilgrim Henchmen with if Weasek swords of various levels. (Left back in Blackmoor with Weasel.)

BT

BBBB

PART 3.

++++ RECORD KEEPING ++++

This missive is also posted on two forums and one blog:
viewforum.php?f=76
http://www.furiouslyeclectic.com/forum/ ... php?fid=13
http://furiouslyeclectic.com/hackmoor