** ARCHIVED FORUM - ANY CHANGES ARE REVERTED HOURLY **

It is currently Sep 19, 2024 6:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tracy's HackMoor Campaign 2013/04/23
PostPosted: Apr 24, 2013 3:19 pm 
Lord
Lord

This week we had a bacon, tomato, onion, & garlic pizza.

SITUATION:

To correct the last sentence from last week's report, change the last clause of the last sentence to past tense. i.e.: "When we left the session last week, Elefus and Weasel teleported to Elefus' stronghold, whereupon they move all of Elefus' possessions there to a new location. This is a preventative measure, because the Red Dragon now knew where it was."

We had a new player join us, even though he had pre-rolled most of his character, the set up time took extra time because my computer crashed mid-way during data entry, and Excel had to recover all the cell references. Recovery changed the set up time from 2 to 3 hours.

After an initial briefing of the campaign situation, the new characters is a Dwarf Fighter named Dolmin "Wrathaxe". Also in helping to ease in new characters, Dolmin was brought in at half the average party level which made him third level. There were basically four places he could start (albeit practically three). First he could appear in his native land, which he had randomly rolled as Starport in the Duchy of the Peaks, Second, he could appear where the party was after the last battle, sipping Mai-Tais with the surviving, if not grateful, Red Dragon. Third he could wander into Elefus' stronghold where Elefus and Weasel were busy unpacking Elefus' Treasure he had just moved. Fourth he could just appear in Blackmoor town proper, but I didn't even mention it. As it turned out he got teleported there anyway.

GM's Note: Elefus' stronghold is on the North of the map just west of the Snake River hex 2804 on the DA1 map or hex 2404 on the original FFC map. It is a a Village from page 35 from the old Judges Guild "Village Book I" (I don't know if there ever was a Book II) The village is called "Coral Quarry" using the village name randomizer from that book.

The new character chose to walk into Elefus' stronghold. The Dwarf quickly made a new friend with Elefus. Being a mere 89.5 pounds, armor, weapons and all and since this was within Elefus' Teleport weight limit without tossing him into Weasel's Bag of Holding, Elefus decides to Teleport to Blackmoor and go ... SHOPPING! Effectively, Dolmin discards his carefully chosen Ringmail armor and gets a brand new set of shiny new Plate Mail. He also gets a set of three each +1 and +2 heavy quarrels for his heavy crossbow. (Elefus wanted to buy a wider range of magic weaponry but the proprietor had to tell him, "Magic weapon Supplies are low, don't you know there's a war on?" The reason you found regular Plate Mail was because it was an off-size, since Dolmin is a Dwarf. (Actually the dealer was glad to get it off his shelf, it had been there for years.)

Elefus also decided to go into the Blackmoor University Alumni Store and Souvenir Shop and buy some nice magic items for some of his fellow Party members.

Elefus wanted to get Dolmin a magic ring also, however Dwarf Fighters cannot use Magic Items that are not Weapons or Armor. (Besides it was pointed out, it was too early in the relationship and it may be construed as rushing things.)

While on the street between stores, Elefus is approached by Blackmoor's Sheriff, and is served with a Restraining Order from his wife not to approach within 100 yards. (Elefus is in the middle of divorce proceedings.) He is also reminded that he should stop putz'ing around town and get back to saving Blackmoor from the Well of Souls and the Barbarians.

So before Teleporting to the rest of the Party, Elefus filed his own restraining order and Teleports to the rest of the Party with Dolmin.

(I note that did not stop to pick up Weasel who is still back at Elefus' stronghold.)

Dolmin is then introduced to the rest of the Party, the NPCs and a now extremely sloshed Red Wyrm. ("Look guys! Sheee what I ... can do!")

Before the session closed. There was a discussion into the histrionics of Medieval divorce and what was proper. Thus several things were determined or at least handsomely guessed at: 1) Elefus "may" decide to claim Medieval rights, insofar as the wife can be treated as chattel and dealt with accordingly. 2) Since Elefus is Viking by origin, he may go down the Viking cultural path and deal with his wife Viking style (although I reminded him not to forget the GOOD in Lawful Good). 3) Due to successful participation in module DA1, Elefus was promoted to Knighthood, given lands, and may decide to deal with his wife as a peer of the realm, possibly requiring summary judgment by the King himself. Lastly 4), the new Player seemed to have a grasp of good legal defenses for Elefus and MAY serve as Elefus' lawyer during the trial, if any. (Another Player with a non-vested interest in seeing the Elefus wife win the case, may serve as the wife's lawyer. This may mean a good
role-playing future session.)

++++ OUT OF CHEESE ERROR ++++

BT

BBBB

PART 2. POST GAME ACTIVITY

Elefus' Player played another HackMaster card in order to gain 30 percentile points of Wisdom, but is not aged this time.

The Players voted who is Most Valuable Player (MVP) for the session. Today's MVP was the person who Played Dolmin. MVP nominally gets 500 extra experience points.

The trash was taken out.

BT

BBBB

PART 3. CHARACTER DESCRIPTIONS

PLAYERS:

Dolmin, "Wrathaxe", Dwarven Swordsman (F3)

Weasel, Human Male, Guild Soldier (T14), Magician (MU6), & Myrmidon (F6). (Multi-class. How'd a human get that way? Don't ask.)

Snizzlephish, Gnome Male, Visionist (Illu6) & Footpad (T2) (Multi-class.)

Elefus, Human Male Deacon (CL12)

Numrendir, Human Male Demander. (Conj5).

Junkbot Jackson - Layman-Courser. (CL4/Rgr4)

Fundisha - Fighter/Infiltrator (F2 / Infiltrator2)

NON-PLAYER CHARACTERS:

Jallapierie, a 17th level Wizard (MU17), (taken offline for defensive scrying against Rahl).

Hieronymous Castagere (F13), a 13th level Fighter and ship's navigator, assigned to them by the Royal Blackmoor government. (Captured by Barbarians)

Gerry Castagere, a Fingersmith (T7), daughter to the ship's navigator who has fallen in love with Elefus.

Bosero the Drunkard, a 14th level Wizard (MU14), seconded in to replace Jallapierie in the party since Jallapierie is busy.

INACTIVE CHARACTERS:

Aeon, Half-Elf Male Veteran (F1) (Captured by Barbarians.)

Mysery Reigns, Halfling Female Killer (Rogue6). (On maternity leave, just gave birth to twins, Halfling Half-Orcs.)

D'Vine_Justice, Elf Female Initiate of the 5th Circle (D7). (Semi-Retired)

BT

NNNN

NNNN

Post subject: Re: Tracy's HackMoor Campaign 2013/04/23
PostPosted: May 04, 2013 10:10 am 
Lord of the Regency Council
Lord of the Regency Council

Post subject: Re: Tracy's HackMoor Campaign 2013/04/23
PostPosted: May 05, 2013 7:06 pm 
Lord
Lord

Regarding my Seven Dwarven tribes, I had penciled on my original brown First Fantasy Campaign map and numbered them hexes 1 through 7, thirty something odd years ago when I bought it. Having no clue to the milieu when I was young I was simply looking for seven widely disparate mountain areas. The first tribe was North of the capital of Duchy of the Peaks in hex 0403 First Fantasy Campaign (FFC) map. When doing so, I only chose six Mountain hexes. At the same time I also had Palace of the Vampire Queen which had a Dwarf king on the island of Baylor. So for the seventh Dwarf kingdom I picked an island. Now that I think of it, it could have started the party down the L1 series into Ravenloft had they followed that path.

Regarding Coral Quarry that I used Village Book I page 35, the dashed road on the FFC map went through it in just the right angles to fit into 2404. The long section of the road led towards the beach on the Snake River.. It didn't fit so well in the DA1 map.FFC_Hex2404.jpg

Yes of course, Skandaharian. Elefus was accepted into Blackmoor society despite racial preferences.

NNNN