** ARCHIVED FORUM - ANY CHANGES ARE REVERTED HOURLY **

It is currently Sep 19, 2024 7:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My Blackmoor Map
PostPosted: Aug 13, 2019 1:01 pm 
Freeholder
Freeholder

I'm trying to learn this new map maker program, I am starting anew 5E Blackmoor game so Thought I would try for a blackmoor map for my game.

Post subject: Re: My Blackmoor Map
PostPosted: Aug 13, 2019 4:08 pm 
Lord of the Regency Council
Lord of the Regency Council

PostPosted: Aug 13, 2019 7:50 pm 
Count
Count

Well that's cool. That bit of town on the NW could use a bit of fiddling. The cemetery is missing.

'blog https://www.blogger.com/home

PostPosted: Aug 13, 2019 9:38 pm 
Freeholder
Freeholder

It's Inkarnate. I tried the free version for a few days and now trying to pro version. It's Very easy to use but.....in the long run I think I want more. It's got a smallish selection of icons ect..even on pro. For right now though, it's fine.

I'm sure if the game works out and keeps going then I will end up making loads of maps. I will post them here if that does happen.

For this map I just used the simple very old map of Blackmoor and built it up from there.

I hope to get better with map making on the computer but I like the map for only having spent 3 hours working on it for the first time.

Oh, I also put the cemetery in the southeast section. Not near the Church lol, I made up a story about it getting moved after a necromancer with a army of undead broke out of the dungeon and animated Blackmoors recently buried to use as reinforcements. It's a good cover for me having brain farted. LOL

PostPosted: Aug 13, 2019 10:27 pm 
Freeholder
Freeholder

Just food for thought about my game,maps ect...

I love Blackmoor. I feel like it's a shame that most D&D players never get to know it.

While I do like to read about the original blackmoor and the original games themselves, my love of Blackmoor isn't really based in that.

I want to take the idea of Blackmoor and take the setting and really play with it. Give it a real thrashing and have the players just run rampant all over it.

The changes made to the setting by my players(and the adventures) are far more important(to me) than how it was intended.

I also have a habit of stealing anything not nailed down, so like right now my World of Midgard books are wide open and the Dwarves on Blackmoor are now building clockwork machines and engines of destruction. Ley Lines criss cross Blackmoor and magical wells of power dot the landscape.

The Empire to the south has grown old and decadent and the use of Demons and Demonic magic are now strong within the empire. Tieflings are becoming commonplace.

One of the far off island kingdoms is Freeport(I just got the huge Freeport setting book) and pirates are a major concern in Blackmoor City as merchant ships are being hit with a alarming regularity .

I just know a lot of people are looking for things to be"Like they are supposed to be" In general that isn't my bag.

Though I do love to read about the old days and often lament we don't have more Blackmoor setting guides and even nonfiction book we could read on the subject.

I really would love a Everything Blackmoor type book that told the blackmoor story from first creation to Dave's last games with it, and even beyond.

PostPosted: Aug 14, 2019 2:09 am 
Comically Terrible
Comically Terrible

Follow Thorn's Chronicle | |

PostPosted: Aug 14, 2019 11:12 am 
Duke
Duke

Hey! What a nice job!
How did you manage to make the walls with the free version?

This may be what I was looking for...

PostPosted: Aug 14, 2019 11:37 am 
Freeholder
Freeholder

I messed around with the free version (and I think some of the walls are there but not 100% sure on that) but now I paid for the pro for a month.

Honestly the free version was REAL basic and the pro is maybe two or three times that amount BUT......that's still a lot less then I am looking for.

PostPosted: Aug 14, 2019 11:40 am 
Duke
Duke

The basic version would probably work for me IF I could figure out how to draw city walls...