Lord of the Regency Council
Lord of the Regency Council

Looks great! :)

-Havard

Post subject: Re: Tonisborg Dungeon Cover Revealed
PostPosted: Aug 20, 2019 1:56 pm 
Freeholder
Freeholder

That drawing was not the original idea. Yet when Bob sent a folder of art it was pretty obvious this was the #1 choice for the cover.

I wasn't sure how to present it on the cover either as the cover will be a dark color and the art will be light.

I realized that if we put a frame around it, it will work out perfectly. The dark areas will remain dark and the light areas will pop out.

I just got Aldarron's edit proof back after our proof editor reviewed everything. Now that we have a final proof in hand and also all the art and maps for the module, it just needs layout and printing.

We are a small company. Most of what we do has been leveraged off of other business ventures. I do not have exact numbers, but most of the Secrets of Blackmoor film project was leveraged off of our own personal investment. Lets say this is about $100,000.00 Most small indy films run between 100- 500k. They are a huge risk for the film makers and most film makers will also be drawing on favors from friends and family. By the end of it all these self made films end up in someone's closet and maybe their mom uses a magnet to pin the DVD to her fridge. That's as far as these films go. The directors end up in ruins and disappear.

Secrets of Blackmoor isn't anywhere near disappearing. But we are a tiny crew.

Chris is loaded down with doing online live streaming web pages for sales. A new sales page for the schwag. And also we need to author 2 DVD's with menus.

As soon as we get through the movie release bottleneck Chris will apply himself to laying out Tonisborg. It is hard to say how quickly this will happen. All I can say is that we make things happen even if it takes a while.

Griff

PostPosted: May 14, 2020 1:38 am 
Freeholder
Freeholder

Obviously for reasons that do not need to be explained the cover art has had to change.

The new cover piece is a drawing from 1979 by Ken Fletcher. the piece was only published in a fanzine back in the Day and Ken as was kind enough to pony up to the table during the art work crisis and give a lot of old and new pieces.

The image is too big so click the link to view: https://www.secretsofblackmoor.com/uplo ... a_orig.png

It will be inverted for the cover piece and done how it is for an inside page.

It seems most appropriate to use something by Ken as he was at Adventure Games as an artist. He also illustrated and drew maps for the never published Blackmoor module by Arneson that then was re-edited as the 5th and final DA module that never got published - It literally got scrapped twice.

But all that is just history, for now we're working to get Tonisborg out.

PostPosted: May 31, 2020 11:36 pm 
Yeoman
Yeoman

Sad about the events that led to the demise of the first cover, but I really like the image for the new cover. It oozes large and powerful!

blog