The Comeback Inn
Blackmoor Fiction - Printable Version

+- The Comeback Inn (https://blackmoor.mystara.us/forums)
+-- Forum: The Garnet Room - Blackmoor General Forum (https://blackmoor.mystara.us/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Blackmoor Discussions (https://blackmoor.mystara.us/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Blackmoor Fiction (/showthread.php?tid=731)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: Blackmoor Fiction - Havard - 05-19-2011

Rafael Wrote:In that vein, it's so easy to create a link between WL's Dragonkings, the Dragonfather, and the Dragonlords.

But I don't have my materials on me, so that I'll leave for you to research...

I decided to comment on this in a separate thread. Let's keep this one focused on actual Blackmoor Fiction.

Would you have liked to see Harley Stroh's short stories collected in a single fiction only volume?

-Havard

Re: Blackmoor Fiction - BlackmoorBob - 05-22-2011

Actually, reading some of the character descriptions in the FFC sometimes feels like reading a short story.

D

Re: Blackmoor Fiction - Havard - 02-08-2012

The initial post has been updated. I have also included RJK's story about the City of the Gods after a suggestion by Michael Falconer.

-Havard

Re: Blackmoor Fiction - finarvyn - 02-20-2012

I'm still bummed about the fact that no "true" fiction was written about Blackmoor. Greyhawk had the Gord books and maybe you can count Quag Keep. Blackmoor has a list of "well, sort of like..." books but nothing ever official. The closest thing we really have to true Blackmoor fiction are some of Greg's posts.

Re: Blackmoor Fiction - Havard - 02-20-2012

finarvyn Wrote:I'm still bummed about the fact that no "true" fiction was written about Blackmoor. Greyhawk had the Gord books and maybe you can count Quag Keep. Blackmoor has a list of "well, sort of like..." books but nothing ever official. The closest thing we really have to true Blackmoor fiction are some of Greg's posts.

Did you check the original post in this thread (recently edited)?

If Harley Stroh's short stories are too new school for you, at least RJK's story recaptures the Blackmoor of the 1970s.

I agree that Greg's accounts come fairly closely, though they are written from a player's perspective, not from the character's perspective. Perhaps we could convince Greg to do a The Great Svenny Remembers type series, modifying his earlier writings to a character based narrative?

-Havard

Re: Blackmoor Fiction - Rafael - 02-20-2012

Couldn't we hold a contest?

Winner gets a gift code for amazon, or something? Smile

Re: Blackmoor Fiction - finarvyn - 02-20-2012

Havard Wrote:Did you check the original post in this thread (recently edited)?
Nope. Skipped right to the end. :oops:

I had forgotten about Harley's stories, but I was really thinking of Blackmoor fiction from "back in the day" as opposed to more recent. Greg's write-ups are pretty much all we have from those days.

Re: Blackmoor Fiction - Havard - 11-20-2012

Havard Wrote:Blackmoor Fiction:
Associated Fiction:
  • Van Vogt, A.E Black Destroyer
  • Norton, Andre: Quag Keep
  • Norton, Andre: Return to Quag Keep

I have updated the Original Post to include the above quoted list.

-Havard

Re: Blackmoor Fiction - RobJN - 11-20-2012

Does this list just include published-like-in-a-book stuff?

Re: Blackmoor Fiction - Havard - 11-20-2012

RobJN Wrote:Does this list just include published-like-in-a-book stuff?

Not really since I included Greg's short stories of which only parts has been published(?), and to some extent Kuntz/Arneson's City of the Gods story.

If you are thinking about Thorn's Blackmoor, we could include a separate heading for Fan Fiction? I would like to give some special status to Kuntz & Svenson, but that doesn't mean we cannot list other fiction here as well.

-Havard